Trying to get a publisher for my project, how many publishers should I send my game to?

Tyeishing

The title says most of my question, game dev, trying to find a publisher for a project. I've been reading up on getting a publisher for my game, and I've compiled a list of 50 publishers I'd be reasonably happy to work with. When I'm reaching out, should I carefully and slowly target one publisher after another until I get signed, or should I contact the entire list at once and try to make something happen?

should I contact the entire list at once and try to make something happen?
Well you'll probably get a better deal if you do this because then you'll know what your options are. Plus there's the possibility that the first 49 publishers you message don't reply to you, so you'd end up waiting a very long time before you get any results.

vdweller

The title says most of my question, game dev, trying to find a publisher for a project. I've been reading up on getting a publisher for my game, and I've compiled a list of 50 publishers I'd be reasonably happy to work with. When I'm reaching out, should I carefully and slowly target one publisher after another until I get signed, or should I contact the entire list at once and try to make something happen?
Just offering another perspective here: Avoid reaching out to publishers altogether. If your game looks good enough and gets enough traction, publishers will come to you. Otherwise, they will uselessly just eat up a percentage of whatever little revenue the game will make to begin with.