• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android GooglePlayAdsExtension does not use consent SDK with user-messaging-platform

Hi,

I received an email from Google Play Support:
"We have detected that your app includes the deprecated Personalized Ad Consent SDK, which is not approved for use in child-directed services. The SDK has been deprecated in favor of the User Messaging Platform SDK and must be updated.
Apps in the Designed for Families program must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program.
Action required: Submit an updated app within 30 days"

In the Personalized Ad Consent SDK (https://developers.google.com/admob/android/eu-consent):
The Personalized Ad Consent SDK is no longer being maintained. It has been deprecated in favor of the User Messaging Platform SDK , which is IAB compliant

So I must move to User Messaging Platform SDK (https://developers.google.com/admob/ump/android/quick-start):
implementation 'com.google.android.ump:user-messaging-platform:1.0.0'

I see GooglePlayAdsExtension was updated last week but GooglePlayAdsExtension has (GMS2.3 - Version 3.3.4. Published May 19, 2021):
implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:20.0.0'
implementation 'com.google.android.ads.consent:consent-library:1.0.8'

1. Any manual workaround recommendation ? For example removing from Inject to grade dependencies the line implementation 'com.google.android.ads.consent:consent-library:1.0.8' ?
2. When do you plan to public a GooglePlayAdsExtension version with implementation 'com.google.android.ump:user-messaging-platform:1.0.0' ?
3. Other ideas ?

1622890328256.png

Thanks
Sharon

Kirua

I am the owner of the same letter from google, I would buy Admob onDate, but I really do not want to reconfigure advertising in my project. Is there any workaround?

Kirua

I am the owner of the same letter from google, I would buy Admob onDate, but I really do not want to reconfigure advertising in my project. Is there any workaround?

Mert

I had the same issue, and then implemented User Messaging Platform into my game. Basically, on AdMob panel you go to the Privacy and Messaging tab. Then you must prepare a GDPR - EEA form, which is basically really easy. If you use mediation, you must also select them from the panel (Like Unity Ads, AdColony etc.) Won't take 5 minutes of your time.

I suggest you to use @Kaguva 's extension since he keeps maintain them and provide better services than Yoyogames itself :D

gkri

I had the same issue, and then implemented User Messaging Platform into my game. Basically, on AdMob panel you go to the Privacy and Messaging tab. Then you must prepare a GDPR - EEA form, which is basically really easy. If you use mediation, you must also select them from the panel (Like Unity Ads, AdColony etc.) Won't take 5 minutes of your time.

I suggest you to use @Kaguva 's extension since he keeps maintain them and provide better services than Yoyogames itself :D
I think the problem is not only the implementation of the UMP, but at the same time removing the deprecated SDK from the build (implementation 'com.google.android.ads.consent:consent-library:1.0.8).

Can you confirm if this assumption is right or wrong?

ComPart

If the app is paid one and does not use ADV, is there an easy way to delete the SDK library in question and remove the alert from Play Store?

Mert

I think the problem is not only the implementation of the UMP, but at the same time removing the deprecated SDK from the build (implementation 'com.google.android.ads.consent:consent-library:1.0.8).

Can you confirm if this assumption is right or wrong?
Yes. Google Play detects that dependency and asks you not to use it.
If you simply delete the implementation module from the extension, then you'll receive error messages as the Yoyogames' admob library uses consent when requesting an ad.

gkri

Yes. Google Play detects that dependency and asks you not to use it.
If you simply delete the implementation module from the extension, then you'll receive error messages as the Yoyogames' admob library uses consent when requesting an ad.
So to sum it up, those are the current options, for anyone that might interested:

a) if you are not in hurry to release/update your game, then you can wait the official extension to be updated.

pros: free, you do not waste time on it
cons: you do not know when it will be updated. Maybe tomorrow, maybe just before the 30 days deadline, maybe after...

b) Implement it yourself. It is doable but it may or may not be an easy task, depending your java/android familiarity and programming skills

pros: free
cons: your valuable time you have to dedicate not only to implement it but also to keep it updated if needed in the future. Additionally count the time you need to study/research how to do it yourself.

c) Buy a commercial extension from marketplace.

pros: those extensions are usually free/affordable. You do not waste time on it. You do not have to maintain it (updated it)
cons: not free (even if affordable). There is always a chance the creator of the extension to never update it in the future.

Disclaimer: I am generally speaking and I am not explicitly implying that Kaguva will drop support. On contrary, I am very busy and I highly value my time, so I chose the option (c) and I bought Kaguva's extension. The 10$ are worth way less than the time I saved.

Kirua

Hi,

I received an email from Google Play Support:
"We have detected that your app includes the deprecated Personalized Ad Consent SDK, which is not approved for use in child-directed services. The SDK has been deprecated in favor of the User Messaging Platform SDK and must be updated.
Apps in the Designed for Families program must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program.
Action required: Submit an updated app within 30 days"

In the Personalized Ad Consent SDK (https://developers.google.com/admob/android/eu-consent):
The Personalized Ad Consent SDK is no longer being maintained. It has been deprecated in favor of the User Messaging Platform SDK , which is IAB compliant

So I must move to User Messaging Platform SDK (https://developers.google.com/admob/ump/android/quick-start):
implementation 'com.google.android.ump:user-messaging-platform:1.0.0'

I see GooglePlayAdsExtension was updated last week but GooglePlayAdsExtension has (GMS2.3 - Version 3.3.4. Published May 19, 2021):
implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:20.0.0'
implementation 'com.google.android.ads.consent:consent-library:1.0.8'

1. Any manual workaround recommendation ? For example removing from Inject to grade dependencies the line implementation 'com.google.android.ads.consent:consent-library:1.0.8' ?
2. When do you plan to public a GooglePlayAdsExtension version with implementation 'com.google.android.ump:user-messaging-platform:1.0.0' ?
3. Other ideas ?

View attachment 40388

Thanks
Sharon
Have you solved this problem?

TibiSoft

Any update here? Same letter have been received, the Yoyo extension is still v3.3.4.
Is not there any simple way to update this extension manually?

Slyddar

Any update here? Same letter have been received, the Yoyo extension is still v3.3.4.
Is not there any simple way to update this extension manually?
The OP does not mention if they have logged a support call for this. So have any affected users logged jobs in regards to this change? The devs, or representatives at least, read these posts, but it is not an official channel, so the only way for changes to occur is to log jobs when these errors occur. I suggest you raise the issue through the official support form.

TibiSoft

The OP does not mention if they have logged a support call for this. So have any affected users logged jobs in regards to this change? The devs, or representatives at least, read these posts, but it is not an official channel, so the only way for changes to occur is to log jobs when these errors occur. I suggest you raise the issue through the official support form.
I am not sure if it was already done or not, but I have just logged a ticket about this issue. Let's see...

TibiSoft

I have just got a reply:

"Apologies you've ran into this issue, we're aware it's affecting some of our users. As you'll see from our Roadmap we're currently working on our Google Play Services Extensions. They're well underway in terms of development so keep an eye on our social channels and the marketplace for updates.

Apologies I couldn't offer more detailed timings for their arrival. "

TibiSoft

New message, let's check if it solves the problem and the issue can be closed! :)

Please see https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/10099/google-play-services for the updated google play services extensions.

UPDATE: as far as I can see Admob is not included in the new extension, however I've found it separately:

It seems you need to rewrite some of the codes for Ad handling, but it should not be a big issue, I think.

Last edited:

Travenboo

I'm getting this error and I don't use Ads. I'm not using any of the Admob extensions and I'm only using the GooglePlayLicensing and Billing extensions (my game just has a single in-app purchase for the full game, no ads). Has anyone encountered and resolved the issue in this case?

Note, at one point I did have all the Yoyo Google Play extensions included, but removed the ad one when I started getting this error thinking it would resolve the issue. Any luck/advice from anyone?

I'm not sure how the dependency is being included if I'm not even using the Ad extension.

Travenboo

FYI, I figured out the problem I was having in case anyone else had the same issue. The issue was in the Google dev console, it was not directly related to the admob extension. The explanation is a little complicated but maybe it will help someone else.

1) In previous builds, I just included all the Google Play extensions. Since I'm not using ads and I started getting this error, I removed the Yoyo admob extension.
2) I was uploading my latest builds (minus the admob extension) directly to production release track and sending for review
3) Google would reject the submission because it said I was still using the outdated ad SDK. I didn't understand why because the admob extension was not even in the build.
4) Turns out, the most recent build on my internal test track was an older build. Even though my prod version was newer and compliant... when I released my game for review, Google Play was rejecting everything (both prod and test tracks) simultaneously. I was thinking that prod was bad because it was newer and being rejected, but that was not the case... they were just blanket rejecting everything in the review.
5) SOLUTION: I made sure that all my Google dev console test tracks & production release tracks were on the same latest version (build minus the ad extension). After that, the review process passed inspection.