• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Warning message saying "[room name] has a missing IdReference at layers[...]objectId" when opening project

Peej4321

When I open my project, this window pops up:
Untitled.png
The rooms it lists are all ones I've made recently. I click OK, and then everything is fine. I haven't noticed any problems with these rooms at all. I haven't found anyone else who's had this happen to them. Is this a problem? What does it mean?

Last edited:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Open one of the mentioned room files and manually look for anything that looks "off", as described in the article. Can you find anything that way?

Peej4321

Open one of the mentioned room files and manually look for anything that looks "off", as described in the article. Can you find anything that way?
I don't notice anything wrong with those rooms. I'm thinking that maybe the objects which need their sprites re-added will all be objects which are in the rooms mentioned in that window. Should I just go through all the objects in those rooms and re-add their sprites? But there's not anything in those rooms which isn't in any other room, so I don't know why it would only be those three.

Just in case it wasn't clear before, I am actually getting the "Core Resources : Info - Blank IdReference found - could be that the project is corrupt." message in the output window too.

Last edited:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
I said nothing of the sort. :p
I'm saying that I have no idea what's wrong and that we need you to figure out what that is first before we can suggest fixes (because you have access to the files and we don't).

The starting hint you have is that something is wrong in room L104 on layer 6. Find out what bothers GM here and we can help you get it fixed. Feel free to share any intermediary findings with us so we can take a look too.

Peej4321

Okay I've fixed the issue. Sorry, I probably should've been able to figure this out myself if I'd looked at it a bit harder. And I sort of imposed my own conclusion on what you said.

So in a lot of the rooms there are three layers each with a different object in them which control stuff (yes they do need to be on their own layers, it's complicated). Well in the three rooms with problems, those objects had sort of turned blank, but they still definitely existed when the game was running. Their names were blank in the instance list in one of the rooms, so I deleted them and re-added them and then it was fine. But then in the other two rooms, they weren't in the instance list at all. But they were still in the room so I was able to just click on them, delete them, and re-add them. And now the warning window and warning messages in the output box when compiling aren't showing up anymore.

Thanks for the help.