• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Export Installer Name Issue

noorsalim

To all good people in this forum,

I've finished creating my first game, targeted for Windows only ATM.

I am able to export the project as Windows installer but there are many things that doesn't work as expected:

1. Program name, after installed in the Windows, is "Made with Game Maker Studio 2" which isn't ideal. I've tried changing the name in Windows setting with no success
issue_name.png

2. Program icon is wrong, I've already replaced the game icon in Windows setting with no success

issue_icon.png

Can anyone please help me solve these problems? Or perhaps can hint me through a past thread, since I could hardly find one, possibly using the wrong keyword too.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Change the file name. Does the icon show up now? If so, Windows' icon cache says hi. Icons are cached to speed up performance and are associated by file paths. You can fix that by clearing the icon cache.

Chances are the name is cached as well, so try uninstalling the thing, clearing every last trace of it, and installing it again.

noorsalim

Change the file name. Does the icon show up now? If so, Windows' icon cache says hi. Icons are cached to speed up performance and are associated by file paths. You can fix that by clearing the icon cache.

Chances are the name is cached as well, so try uninstalling the thing, clearing every last trace of it, and installing it again.
Thanks for the answer, I will try this solution and update the result here later