• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Generate XCode project on Windows IDE without being connected to a Mac

fedeali

Hi all! :)
I've read articles in knowledge base, and it seems it isn't possible, but I want to ask to be sure.
Is it possible to generate the XCode iOS project only using the Windows IDE, without being connected to a Mac? Then open that XCode project into a Mac to build for iOS.
Thank you in advance! :)

fedeali

Yes, my goal is to be able to build on a Mac without installed GMS 2, like a rented Mac in cloud. I would like to use my GMS 2 copy on Windows to generate an XCode project, and then build for iOS on the Mac with XCode.
If it is not possible, I guess the only thing I can do is to buy a new Mac, since mine is old and doesn’t support XCode 12.

It might be possible to make a VM with macOS running on it, and connect to that instead. But that will probably be more of a hassle than just buying a new mac.

fedeali

It might be possible to make a VM with macOS running on it, and connect to that instead. But that will probably be more of a hassle than just buying a new mac.
Thank you for your answer, but unluckily using a VM is against Apple EULA, and I don’t want to risk my account to be closed. However, I’ll give a try to MacInCloud, since this is a service to rent a physical Mac in the cloud. I asked and they offer to install GMS 2, so I can login with my license and build from there. However, to test with my device, I have to use TestFlight, so having a personal Mac is always the best option if possible.
I’ll give MacInCloud a try. :)

fedeali

That's very kind of them, I'm glad it's working out! I had no idea you could rent a mac in the cloud
Yes, they're very kind, indeed! :)
But there's a problem: they want an official download link to install GMS 2, but download links are available only after logging in with an account. I don't want to give them my YoYo Games Account credentials to install GMS 2 for Mac. Is there an "open" download link for GMS 2 which only requires to login into the program after installing it? So that I could give to MacInCloud support the public download link for GMS 2 for Mac and, once downloaded, I can insert my credentials to redeem my license.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
As far as I'm concerned, you don't absolutely need GMS 2 on the Mac, you only need XCode installed on it and SSH access to it.

fedeali

As far as I'm concerned, you don't absolutely need GMS 2 on the Mac, you only need XCode installed on it and SSH access to it.
Thank you for your answer!
So it is possible to build for iOS from Windows IDE by connecting via SSH to the remote Mac running XCode? Even if the Mac is far from my PC running GMS 2?

rIKmAN

Yes, they're very kind, indeed! :)
But there's a problem: they want an official download link to install GMS 2, but download links are available only after logging in with an account. I don't want to give them my YoYo Games Account credentials to install GMS 2 for Mac. Is there an "open" download link for GMS 2 which only requires to login into the program after installing it? So that I could give to MacInCloud support the public download link for GMS 2 for Mac and, once downloaded, I can insert my credentials to redeem my license.
You can get the installers from the GMS2 Release Notes.