Using Source Control with GitHub

H

HereticGameStudios

Hello,

Im making a game and want to use GitHub with my team. I added my project to the repository using the built-in GM Source Control and it says it worked, but its not showing up in the GitHub. Can anyone help me figure this out? Im new to Git.

Thanks,
Jacob Snyder

O

OnceADrog

I'm having the same issue.

I had been coding away, but want to get a mate involved and track stuff better.
So I configured the source control, and imported it to an empty repository I created on the Github WebUI.

I see in the commit log it failed due to :
svn: E160024: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E160024: MKCOL not allowed

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I'm having the same issue.

I had been coding away, but want to get a mate involved and track stuff better.
So I configured the source control, and imported it to an empty repository I created on the Github WebUI.

I see in the commit log it failed due to :
svn: E160024: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E160024: MKCOL not allowed
You don't have the same issue. The error message clearly indicates that you are attempting to use SVN, yet your repository is in Git.

Next time, keep this to yourself and create a new topic instead of hijacking an old one.

Reactions: Yal
O

OnceADrog

I got it figured and working, by avoiding doing it directly in GameMaker. Unfortunately I can't post links yet...
Google "using_git_revision_control_with_gamemaker_studio"

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Right-click in project folder --> git bash here
Code:
git add -A
git commit -m "Added some stuff"
git push origin master

S

shadowelite7

Hello,

Im making a game and want to use GitHub with my team. I added my project to the repository using the built-in GM Source Control and it says it worked, but its not showing up in the GitHub. Can anyone help me figure this out? Im new to Git.

Thanks,
Jacob Snyder
I use Sublime Merge. Its a Git GUI.
or you can use GitHub Desktop which is another Git GUI

S

shadowelite7

I suppose having 100% necrobump posts is part of his necromancer image?
I am just new to the forum. Also, the profile I made is a cultist. Mainly inspired from the Lovecraft artstyle of Quake.