• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Does "Search and Replace" not work ?

Heathenlamb

Hi folks, as per the title, does "Search and Replace" not work ? I have been trying for the last hour to replace some text in my game. It finds and lists every instance of the words in the output window. It then replaces all the text with new text in the output window. But none of the code actually changes.

I've cleaned the cache and reloaded numerous times etc. Is this a known thing ? Am I f**king something up ?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Just to make sure: You are clicking "Replace All", not "Find All", correct?

Works fine for me.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Which version are you on?

Does this work in a freshly created project, or is it local to one specific project?

Heathenlamb

Ok so I worked out .... It simply will not replace code in a DnD code window ... which is kinda strange since it replaces variable references in DnD action boxes, and it used to work fine in GMS 1. If I convert the DnD code to GML is works, but only then. So that's a really shi**y thing.

Anyways ... thanks TsukaYuriko for at trying to help out.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Ok so I worked out .... It simply will not replace code in a DnD code window ... which is kinda strange since it replaces variable references in DnD action boxes, and it used to work fine in GMS 1. If I convert the DnD code to GML is works, but only then. So that's a really shi**y thing.
Please file a bug report about it. This sounds like a bug and it definitely should be fixed, but won't be if YYG don't know about it! :)