• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game Maker Studio 2 - Building Forever

Memoh

Hello, I have also had, like many others, the problem that when compiling the project, it stays in "Building" forever and my games do not run, even if it is just an empty room.

Here I leave a picture of how it looks

1621102675597.png

and what the compiler shows

1621102705652.png

As you can see, the compiler gets stuck on that line.

rIKmAN

Hello, I have also had, like many others, the problem that when compiling the project, it stays in "Building" forever and my games do not run, even if it is just an empty room.

Here I leave a picture of how it looks

View attachment 40001

and what the compiler shows

View attachment 40002

As you can see, the compiler gets stuck on that line.
Did you try any of the suggestions that would have been offered in those threads by the many others who have had this issue before?

Disable any antivirus / system protection software.
Check that your Windows user account has Admin access.
Update to the latest version and test if it still happens.
etc etc etc

Memoh

Did you try any of the suggestions that would have been offered in those threads by the many others who have had this issue before?

Disable any antivirus / system protection software.
Check that your Windows user account has Admin access.
Update to the latest version and test if it still happens.
etc etc etc
Yes! I was able to find a post where they explained the causes and I saw that an antivirus background process was affecting ... I uninstalled several things, updated drivers and now if it compiles correctly ...

Although I also uninstalled Unity ... I don't know if it also had any influence. I hope not.

Thank you! :')

rIKmAN

Yes! I was able to find a post where they explained the causes and I saw that an antivirus background process was affecting ... I uninstalled several things, updated drivers and now if it compiles correctly ...

Although I also uninstalled Unity ... I don't know if it also had any influence. I hope not.

Thank you! :')
It won't have been anything to do with Unity, it will have been your antivirus.

If you still want to use your antivirus you can re-enable it and whitelist the required files/folders so that GMS2 still works correctly.
Check this link for more info: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...missions-and-Internet-Access-Required-by-GMS2

Glad you got it sorted.

Last edited: