• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Defender detect my game as virus

M

MuTe06

Windows Defender detect my game as virus and delete it
I tried to export my game both as zip and as exe but a few seconds later windows defender automaticly deletes it.
This game is for a game jam and it deadline is 1 day later
I use the lastest Game maker studio 2 version
Please help
Ekran görüntüsü 2021-04-24 170832.png

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
That would be a problem with Windows Defender, not GMS2.

Either whitelist the directory you're exporting the game to or temporarily disable Windows Defender.

M

MuTe06

That would be a problem with Windows Defender, not GMS2.

Either whitelist the directory you're exporting the game to or temporarily disable Windows Defender.
I can fix it but what if the other people who wnats to play my game they will get an error an will be unable to play

Roldy

I can fix it but what if the other people who wnats to play my game they will get an error an will be unable to play
As mentioned, this isn't really anything to do with GMS. Look through microsoft documentation for more information:

Additionally you may need to talk with individual distributors like Steam, Epic, GOG and learn how they handle and or complicate the process.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Then they have to fix it the same way you did. You can't change how Windows Defender analyzes files, and therefore can't do anything about it wrongly detecting your game as a virus.
In addition to signing, you technically could contact the vendor of the software to report a false positive. Whether they will take your request seriously or not is up to them, though.