• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Trouble with android compiling (armv7l, SDK 4.1.1)

Hello, my app compiles perfectly fine with later versions of android (tested usually around SDK 24+). However I am trying to use an older phone which uses android 4.1.1 (SDK 16) and am getting this error:

"Unable to find library for this devices architecture, which is armv7l, ensure you have included the correct architecture in your APK"

Here are my build settings:

So far I have tried:

1) going back into to a previous runtime (mine is currently 2.3.2.426)

2) changing my NDK to a previous (tried 16)

3) using a blank project and changing the SDK build settings around.

Apparently this was an issue that was "fixed" https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=29323, I tried some of the solutions and work arounds on that post but none work. Not sure how to go about fixing this, and its really important because I am shooting this app to be for lower end devices too, not just top.

Thanks in advance!

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Gamemaker no longer supports 32-bit android devices. While they technically could make it an option because not everyone decides to publish to Google Play as their choice store or publishing platform. armv7 is 32-bit.

Gamemaker no longer supports 32-bit android devices. While they technically could make it an option because not everyone decides to publish to Google Play as their choice store or publishing platform. armv7 is 32-bit.
Great, thanks. I did see screenshots on various posts like this one with the armv7l option, whereas my GM 2 does not have the option. Guess that clears it up.

acidemic

I've got the same issue. So technically even if I build for armv7 which is 32-bit, my game doesn't run on a 32-bit device. That's nonsense. The same problem I actually got with the Droid4X emulator for Windows.