• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam Can't launch GameMaker Studio 2

P

Phoon

Hey, I just bought GameMaker Studio 2 on steam and I am very excited to start programming but it won't start.
When I click the launch button in steam it says that it is unning but then the launch button just comes back again.

What i have tried:
  • Verifying the integrity of the files
  • Excluding it from Anti-virus software.
  • Exluding it from Firewalls and Security Applications
And of course the basic restart my computer, uninstall and then download.
Thanks.

rIKmAN

Hey, I just bought GameMaker Studio 2 on steam and I am very excited to start programming but it won't start.
When I click the launch button in steam it says that it is unning but then the launch button just comes back again.

What i have tried:
  • Verifying the integrity of the files
  • Excluding it from Anti-virus software.
  • Exluding it from Firewalls and Security Applications
And of course the basic restart my computer, uninstall and then download.
Thanks.
If you login to your YYG account you can link your Steam account to your YYG account and then you can download and try the standalone version.

If the standalone doesn't work check everything is up to date (Windows, drivers etc), but first I'd try turning off all AV/security software completely rather than just whitelisting, just to rule it out in case you missed whitelisting something that is still being triggered.

Have you tried GMS2 before (trial/creators) on the machine?
Are you sure it meets the minimum specs?

P

Phoon

If you login to your YYG account you can link your Steam account to your YYG account and then you can download and try the standalone version.

If the standalone doesn't work check everything is up to date (Windows, drivers etc), but first I'd try turning off all AV/security software completely rather than just whitelisting, just to rule it out in case you missed whitelisting something that is still being triggered.

Have you tried GMS2 before (trial/creators) on the machine?
Are you sure it meets the minimum specs?
Neither the trial or the standalone version of GMS2 have worked for me, my system meets all recommended system requirements.

When I updated my Windows, drivers etc it finally worked! Thank you!