• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam my trail is ending? but I paid 100$ for it.

K

kevindadmun9

So I had bot game maker about a month ago. I had started it up a few minutes ago and right in the top right side of the screen it says 15 days left until trail ends. so I paid 100$ for this program to turn around and say your time is up pay me more money. am I missing something here is this a scam? why are they asking for more money. I thought win I bot the program that I got the rights to use it.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
$100 sounds like a Desktop license, so that's permanent. Your license may not have been properly linked to your IDE, though, and as a result, it still thinks you're on the trial.

Please log in to your YoYo account and verify that your license is properly linked to your account on the products page.

If this lists the license you bought, log out of the IDE (File -> Logout) and log back in. This should update the license.

BenRK

It's not a scam. Is your license tied to the account you use to log in to GMS2? Sometimes when I see posts like this, it is usually people using the incorrect account, which defaults to the trial. If that isn't it, you'll want to contact YoYo directly to help get it fixed.

rIKmAN

So I had bot game maker about a month ago. I had started it up a few minutes ago and right in the top right side of the screen it says 15 days left until trail ends. so I paid 100$ for this program to turn around and say your time is up pay me more money. am I missing something here is this a scam? why are they asking for more money. I thought win I bot the program that I got the rights to use it.
Check on the YYG website that your licence shows up and is active (or link your Steam account if you bought on Steam)
If it shows up as active then log out of the IDE using File > Logout and then log back in, this will pull your fresh licence details from the server.

Edit:
Tsuka the ninja strikes again!