• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows YYC Compiling not working, while normal compiling does.

S

ShinkoNet

Ever since reinstalling Windows 10, I've been trying to compile a program in YYC but it doesn't seem to work as it did in the past...
Exporting it with the target set to "Windows" instead of "Windows (YYC)" works perfectly.

When compiling, I get a crapton of "error: use of undeclared identifier 'YY_STACKTRACE_LINE'"

Preferences look fine, I've reinstalled Visual Studio 2012 Express too.

Compile log is here: http://paste2.org/teIyIIWh

What do?

ZeDuval

Try changing C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Kits\8.0 to C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Kits\8.1. That worked for me. However, YCC always crashes at a simple switch/case, so there's still something weird.

S

ShinkoNet

Try changing C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Kits\8.0 to C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Kits\8.1. That worked for me. However, YCC always crashes at a simple switch/case, so there's still something weird.
I tried this but it still fails compiling in the same way. Thanks for replying though

W

Wal

@ShinkoNet : just so you don't feel bad alone , I also gets tons of errors while compiling with YYC , errors I didn't have before the last GMS update .

I'm fine with the fact that it is more picky thus obliging us to write better code .

BUT there's almost no directions/tutorials/helpdesk about how to write proper code for YYC which is a shame and YY Games should take notice of it .

F

Facet

I have same issue, strange errors after last update GM:Studio 1.4 r41504

Waiting support response, but it looks no good for now. I think it's no my code problem, because I have crash on simple create event settings for object, like a xscale etc, where I have tons of code maybe no good done, but complicated and working well. However, this create object part is important for me, I;m sure I can change this, but I'm worried about future problems :p

I have error report like this "invalid type for -= lhs=undefined (type=5), rhs=1 (type=0)" and it means nothing for me, I'm not using lhs nor rhs

I see this is not only my problem, because I see people have problem like this with other Game Maker games, like a this https://steamcommunity.com/app/257850/discussions/1/357285562493408801/ by google.

I think it can be not yoyo fault, but Microsoft. I sold many years my done in Delphi software and after some updates I had a lot of clients reports about problems. I never found problem in my code, but always, after some time, after silent or not Windows update it miraculously start working again :p As I remember, I had week ago big Windows 10 update and here can be main problem, I'm 99,9% sure, but it not making me more happy.

S

ShinkoNet

So it seems the best thing to do right now is wait for YoYo Games to fix it eventually..