• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android It is possible to obtain information from the Android device, example Redmi10 or the IMEI

I just launched a game on the Google Play market 3 days ago, it has a value of 1 dollar and it already has 10,000 downloads, the problem is that from the first day they started hacking it and they are downloading it illegally, I have an idea for prevent that and it is first obtaining the IMEI of the android device or the type of cell phone that it is, for example Redmi 8, or Motorola, within a Game Maker function, whoever helps me I will thank you and I will also do a tutorial in case it works how to stop pirating the game.

Greetings

Mert

I just launched a game on the Google Play market 3 days ago, it has a value of 1 dollar and it already has 10,000 downloads
It means that you have made 49000 USD (%30 Google cut, %30 appr. tax).

whoever helps me I will thank you and I will also do a tutorial in case it works how to stop pirating the game.
Be grateful and simply pay a freelancer for this request. Thanking them and putting a tutorial video on YouTube with their own creations is not nice!

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
It means that you have made 49000 USD (%30 Google cut, %30 appr. tax).

Be grateful and simply pay a freelancer for this request. Thanking them and putting a tutorial video on YouTube with their own creations is not nice!
Not that I disagree with the point you are making...but how did that math work out? With 10,000 downloads at $1 each, that is only $10,000 before tax, etc... and you quoted $49,000. After Google, it is about $6,666, and if you do 30% more for taxes(seems high to me but OK), you are at only $3,333, which is pretty far from $49,000.

EDIT**** sorry, it should be $7,000 after google, and then $4,900 after 30% of that. So it seems you basically have 1 zero too many.

I just launched a game on the Google Play market 3 days ago, it has a value of 1 dollar and it already has 10,000 downloads, the problem is that from the first day they started hacking it and they are downloading it illegally, I have an idea for prevent that and it is first obtaining the IMEI of the android device or the type of cell phone that it is, for example Redmi 8, or Motorola, within a Game Maker function, whoever helps me I will thank you and I will also do a tutorial in case it works how to stop pirating the game.

Greetings
I would be more interested in how you think you can prevent piracy here. It is in general a problem that hasn't been solved by any of the massive companies that have invested literal millions of money into it. How will your method differ from all the other attempts that have been made?

knightshaft

It is in general a problem that hasn't been solved by any of the massive companies that have invested literal millions of money into it. How will your method differ from all the other attempts that have been made?
If he cracks that problem, he can throw the game away and make millions on his anti-hacking solution. Oh, and he will thank the person who originally did it :D

Honestly if making games is not your job I would be happy with what I made. Think of it this way 10,000 people like your game. That’s a lot. And it’s a bummer you won’t make that much money because of piraters but there is really nothing that can be done. If you REALLY wanted to make more money I would just take the money you have and invest some of it or something.