Steam Entangle

The idea looks interesting...unfortunately, the trailer made me think "will this actually be challenging and rewarding, or just tedious?" Every puzzle you showed looks like it wouldn't take more than a few minutes to figure out, with the vast majority of the time on the puzzle spent moving lines back and forth instead of thinking. ):

Compare to something like boxy boy, where you need to think very far ahead to beat some of the puzzles.

Anyway, you did good work on it. I'm just not sure the puzzles are deep enough from what I was seeing. I played a "traffic jam" board game before that was a lot of fun and was kind of the same idea as this. Those puzzles were much denser though, so were much more difficult and rewarding from what I can tell. Might be worth checking it out to you. Good luck!

B

Blake

The idea looks interesting...unfortunately, the trailer made me think "will this actually be challenging and rewarding, or just tedious?" Every puzzle you showed looks like it wouldn't take more than a few minutes to figure out, with the vast majority of the time on the puzzle spent moving lines back and forth instead of thinking. ):

Compare to something like boxy boy, where you need to think very far ahead to beat some of the puzzles.

Anyway, you did good work on it. I'm just not sure the puzzles are deep enough from what I was seeing. I played a "traffic jam" board game before that was a lot of fun and was kind of the same idea as this. Those puzzles were much denser though, so were much more difficult and rewarding from what I can tell. Might be worth checking it out to you. Good luck!
The levels shown in the trailer and screenshots are from the first half of the game, because that's all I've made so far. The latter half will be much more challenging.

Thanks for the feedback :)

The levels shown in the trailer and screenshots are from the first half of the game, because that's all I've made so far. The latter half will be much more challenging.
That's fine, but when I see a puzzle labeled "level 27," and think to myself "I could solve this in ten seconds, but it would take me sixty to clear the level," I get a little worried; the worst thing a puzzle game can do is waste my time with busy work. I think most puzzle fans probably feel the same way. The best puzzle games get you scratching your head from the first few puzzles, heheh! Just my honest take as someone who's never played the game. I do think the core mechanics look like they could be very fun and interesting with some smart puzzles, so I'm wishing you luck, here. It's a cool idea, for sure. I also like the general aesthetic. It's simple, but looks pretty nice. =)