• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows #region selectively functioning

R

RylanStylin

Hello, here is the issue:
The code below is all the code in the Step event of my Global object, the one that runs most of the code for my game and is persistent.
I am using Desktop Edition Windows GMS2

GML:
switch(room){
#region Menu System
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------       
#region Controls and other menues
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#region handling for levels
    default:

//theres alot of code here, its not important to the problem.

#endregion
//------FUNCTIONS-----------------------------------------------------------------
#region Functions for the step event
The issue is that the #region just above the default case of my switch function is not collapsable. I have tried restarting the IDE, deleting and rewriting, and have double checked with the manual to make sure i wasnt missing something. I believe this to be a bug and wanted to report it. That is all.

That doesn't look like all the code. Are you sure that's everything? If it is, there aren't enough #endregions. You need an #endregion for every single #region, or it won't fold properly.

R

RylanStylin

That doesn't look like all the code. Are you sure that's everything? If it is, there aren't enough #endregions. You need an #endregion for every single #region, or it won't fold properly.
The other regions have #endregion s and are collapsed.

Then you should probably file a bug report rather than posting in this forum, as it is not monitored by the developers. ;)
But first, let's find out if this actually is a bug.
ok. Thanks for letting me know.

R

RylanStylin

Hello, here is the issue:
The code below is all the code in the Step event of my Global object, the one that runs most of the code for my game and is persistent.
I am using Desktop Edition Windows GMS2

GML:
switch(room){
#region Menu System
#region Controls and other menues
#region handling for levels
    default:

//theres alot of code here, its not important to the problem.

#endregion
//------FUNCTIONS-----------------------------------------------------------------
#region Functions for the step event
The issue is that the #region just above the default case of my switch function is not collapsable. I have tried restarting the IDE, deleting and rewriting, and have double checked with the manual to make sure i wasnt missing something. I believe this to be a bug and wanted to report it. That is all.

UPDATE: As i've been organizing my code with #region and #endregion, i've encountered other issues as well, such as regions dissapearing when i have multiple in the same event. The issue described above happened to some more as well.

I am making sure ALL #region s have a corresponding #endregion