• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Horrible Bug or Terrible "Feature"?

BQubed

So I've had a recurring issue since I started using GMS 2. I believe I started during 2.1. Basically, if there's a crash for whatever reason, the current window I have open within the GMS interface, be it a sprite window, code window, or anything, will be totally wiped clean upon reopening GMS. This has only happened to me three times, and mercifully all three times it was either a sprite window or a code window with only a few lines of code.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I thought it would get fixed in 2.3 but it seems to still be around.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Has anyone else experienced something like this?
No, this sounds like a issue with the install,

I'd try uninstalling then reinstalling gms,
if it still crashes check to see if your computer meets the system requirements

bandman28

If it happens multiple times and it won’t stop, maybe downloading the latest version will help. It could be that it is just an error with that type of game maker and was fixed in later versions. And like @EvanSki said, maybe it’s just your computer

BQubed

No, this sounds like a issue with the install,

I'd try uninstalling then reinstalling gms,
if it still crashes check to see if your computer meets the system requirements
I did an entire computer reformat (unrelated to GMS) and it still occured. Also my PC is a gaming PC. Definitely have the requirements.

If it happens multiple times and it won’t stop, maybe downloading the latest version will help. It could be that it is just an error with that type of game maker and was fixed in later versions. And like @EvanSki said, maybe it’s just your computer
I have GMS via Steam so it's always up to date.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I can't say I've experienced this myself, tbh. However what I can say is that GM will create a UI.log file of actions performed in the user interface which might shed some light on what causes the crash. It would be worthwhile filing a bug with YYG if it happens again, explaining what you were doing just before the crash and including the UI.log file (instructions here: https://docs2.yoyogames.com/index.h...view/1_getting_started/9_error_reporting.html)