GMC Jam Discussion GMC Jam 40 - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL 🎉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Another page, another teams update.

Also, for some reason I missed @Fernando Gonzalez and @Roa allegiance to Team Yellow.
For the former, it might be because I took the banana-taped-to-wall picture to be hype post rather than allegiance declaration. I dunno, somehow I got the impression Fernando Gonzalez already pledged the allegiance before, but apparently didn't.
For the latter, it might be because the "yellow" was written with white letters rather than yellow in this post.

I apologise for overlooking these posts. Hopefully there aren't any other posts I missed. ^^'

With that, the team balances are 30/27/30. So Team Red hadn't overtaken Team Yellow yet, after all.

Code:
Red                     Green                   Yellow
---                     -----                   ------

Alice                   ghandpivot              The M
Mightyjor               woodsmoke               Toque
Gizmo199                Greenblizzard           HayManMarc
Nocturne                matharoo                ChessMasterRiley
Mercerenies             GVmG                    SoapSud39
Bart                    Pat Ferguson            pixeltroid
Dr. Wolf                EvanSki                 NAL
kburkhart84             Lukan                   dadio
Xor                     Kepons                  Yal
Yozoraki                Cloaked Games           GMWolf
Roldy                   VallejoCustomGaming     Rui Rosário
TheSnidr                RichHopefulComposer     sylvain_l
RekNepZ                 Chasersgaming           SamBean
mr magnus               aspiringgamemaker       BretHudson
TWebberX                garrlker                Fanatrick
Lumenflower             O.Stogden               kalzme
Cat                     JosephEllis             ceaselessly
Posh Indie              Director_X              Micah_DS
Siolfor the Jackal      ChrisC                  Sk8dududu
curato                  Slow Finger             Poizen
mp                      BluishGreenPro          ScaryPotato
CrunchCaptain           biyectivo               bandman28
TehPilot                Blake                   Josh Chen
Stellar                 Steelegms2              zenousX
DanDeMedicMan           Mercyssh                samspade
FunkyPoop               MatthewPattel           Sirham
ghlossa                 maartenvt               Spider__
GrizzliusMaximus                                nevercade
shortbread                                      Fernando Gonzalez
AJtheApple                                      Roa

D

Deleted member 45063

This is technically true...but I can't do anything about the results for a few days, so hype is all I can do for now....don't judge. You just jelly of the RED HYPE! :p
I'm not jelly, as I know red will be very well represented in the jam... as team yellow will create rivers with the blood of its opponents!
Ok, a bit too drastic there

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I'm not jelly, as I know red will be very well represented in the jam... as team yellow will create rivers with the blood of its opponents!
Ok, a bit too drastic there
No worries on being too dramatic...if I can have fun hyping this stuff, it's only fair that you can too. RED always treats enemies with deserved honor, dishonor leads to defeat! (queue epic movie track)

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
In a break with tradition (and because a decent number of you keep PMing me with the correct theme and I'm pretty sure loads of you have spilt the beans to your own gangs) I am going to announce the theme NOW!

It's nearly time... on February 25th get ready... for... ONE. BIG. PARTY!

Pls do not start your entries til the jam opens, thx
Time to make an RPG with every GMCer being a party member

D

Deleted member 45063

Why not create just one uber-entry then?? Also, my idea is different ahah

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Why not create just one uber-entry then?? Also, my idea is different ahah
Because if that UBER entry doesn't win, Yellow Team is toast(I mean they already are :) but still....). I agree it's quality over quantity, but there has to be a LITTLE quantity.

And my idea is different too. Wile brainstorming I was messing with definitions of the word 'PARTY.'

1. The celebration thing
2. The political thing
3. The "group" of like action'ed individual(like military landing party, or as in RPG)
4. Believe it or not, a group of the specific bird called Jay is considered a "Party."

I almost thought on that last one but I was kinda afraid I would lose points on use of theme because of it.

D

Deleted member 45063

Because if that UBER entry doesn't win, Yellow Team is toast(I mean they already are :) but still....). I agree it's quality over quantity, but there has to be a LITTLE quantity.

And my idea is different too. Wile brainstorming I was messing with definitions of the word 'PARTY.'

1. The celebration thing
2. The political thing
3. The "group" of like action'ed individual(like military landing party, or as in RPG)
4. Believe it or not, a group of the specific bird called Jay is considered a "Party."

I almost thought on that last one but I was kinda afraid I would lose points on use of theme because of it.
Well, for my idea I'm specifically focusing on the "dinner party" version of the theme.... working on some concept art right now because I have nothing better to do with my free time (I'm hyped for the Jam!)

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Well, for my idea I'm specifically focusing on the "dinner party" version of the theme.... working on some concept art right now because I have nothing better to do with my free time (I'm hyped for the Jam!)
I'm not doing any actual art asset ahead of time, except maybe something boilerplate like a pre-created .blend file for the rendering(but no actual models yet, that's cheating for sure).

D

Deleted member 45063

I'm not doing any actual art asset ahead of time, except maybe something boilerplate like a pre-created .blend file for the rendering(but no actual models yet, that's cheating for sure).
That's why I'm doing concept art (i.e. I'm just painting stuff on paint.net with my drawing tablet, actual art will be made in aseprite)

D

Deleted member 45063

I get it. In my case I can't draw for squat(which is why I'm doing pre-render 3d in the first place). So the idea of me doing concept art is pretty laughable :)
Ohh did I give the impression that I can actually draw? 😂 gonna try creating all of the assets for my submission myself but that means the overall quality will likely be on the lower side of the ranking

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Ohh did I give the impression that I can actually draw? 😂 gonna try creating all of the assets for my submission myself but that means the overall quality will likely be on the lower side of the ranking
If your concepts are useable for anything(and they must be or you probably wouldn't be doing them), you can draw better than I can. The one thing I find neat is doing random strokes in Alchemy. That program was never fleshed out and finished but you can get some neat stuff out of it, especially if you are going for something alien.

Poizen

I, too, usually spend the first day trying to come up with a decent game idea. It's fun to get to make plans in advance this time.

Kyon

Huh theme is already there? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a gamejam a bit?
Anyway, what team has the lowest members right now? Want to join that one if I'm going to participate haha

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
After spaces were revealed, the theme was already guessed so much that keeping it secret kinda lost the point.
Anyway, what team has the lowest members right now? Want to join that one if I'm going to participate haha
I wish I could welcome you in Team Red, but right at the moment the team with lowest members count is GREEN (with 28 members at the moment, including Bearman who recently joined).
(of course, it's not too late to change your mind *whistling*)

Reactions: Xor

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Hey, I was right! Definitely gonna try to join this one, as the parts for my computer are finally coming in, and it should be completed before the Jam starts, so allow me to preemptively align myself with GREEN TEAM!
I guess I can make a prototype in PICO-8 in the meantime. XD
You could implement a PICO-8 emulator in Game Maker and then entries are eligible both in GMC Jams and PICO-8 jams?

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
As ever the GMC Jam is more relaxed than other jams, and very much operating on an "honor" / "honesty" system.

Even when the theme has been kept to the last minute in the past there have been entries that look suspiciously like they were started early & had the theme rammed in later. I don't think it has a huge impact on the final result in any case :)

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Welcome to the green team!, Everyone is joining the other teams cause they feel like those teams cant hope to match the green team!
All green team members get free cookies!

Mr Magnus

Viking King
Welcome to the green team!, Everyone is joining the other teams cause they feel like those teams cant hope to match the green team!
All green team members get free cookies!
This is the internet. Everyone gets cookies all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.