Some of most popular games made with Game Maker (on Steam, by the end of 2020)

knightshaft

It's a lot of work to hunt down all the links for 150+ games now though, so maybe I'll do that only for the top-20 or so.
Are you just updating the top at the top of the board. I've seen a lot of changes at the top but none at the bottom (you've still got my feedback from before Christmas). Great work! Keep it up!

Appsurd

Hi everyone,

I just found this topic now, it's very interesting to see how well our game engine performs among other tools :)

That being said, Itch.io keeps a nice list of all used game engines:
GameMaker ranks third with 9,000+ games (!!), after Unity (of course) and Construct.

A similar research was performed on Steam, but nothing really cool was found there

Wikipedia also keeps a list of "well-known" GameMaker games

Some nice researches on Reddit for anyone interested:
reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/8s20qp
reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/dl6wec

By the way, on other platforms than Steam great games have been made with GM too.
It's probably a bit harder to check popular games on Android/iOS, because developers don't have to give the game engine there...

Last edited:

Xitilon

Are you just updating the top at the top of the board. I've seen a lot of changes at the top but none at the bottom (you've still got my feedback from before Christmas). Great work! Keep it up!
Mostly, I add new games, and most of the are at the bottom actually. Maintaining this table won't be in high priority for some time, because I have many things going on with my Game Maker-centered indie game console publishing.

@Appsurd, thanks for the heads up, I've consulted Wikipedia page to be sure I don't miss any obvious titles, and I've also seen those threads and articles. That gave more motivation to whip up this spreadsheet we're discussing here.

Good luck to everyone!

...Any way for me to merge the double post?