[SOLVED] Help with Sprites not drawing on super simple test project.

Ponzalskov

As the title reads, its a project with
1 sprite (16x16)
1 object (with a Draw Event with 6 lines of code
1 room (with an Instances layer and Background layer)

Any sprite is not showing, neither tiles (i've tried before but simplified to the minimum to show the basic and main problem).
No error, not even trying to draw the application surface manually.
Other projects works perfectly, but any new one made with the newest IDE does the same thing.
I've tried reinstalling the lastest IDE, making different new projects, adding more rooms, changing layer names.

Could this possibly be a bug or It's just me doing something wrong ? I'm on despair, please help ! D:

2.png

When you assigned a sprite to an object, and have a draw event, make sure to add draw_self(); at the first line.

Edit also that
x +=keyboard_check();
y += keyboard_check();
doesn't belong in the draw event, it should be in the step event, unless you intend to show it as a text.

When you assigned a sprite to an object, and have a draw event, make sure to add draw_self(); otherwise it won't show.
As far as I can see draw_self() is indeed in the code. This seems a little weird. I assume that you've tried flushing the cache (the little broom button near the play button)? From everything I can see there, it should be drawing the sprite.

Ponzalskov

As far as I can see draw_self() is indeed in the code. This seems a little weird. I assume that you've tried flushing the cache (the little broom button near the play button)? From everything I can see there, it should be drawing the sprite.
Exactly, I've already tried all basic stuff, and the only reason I've posted it is because I'm running out of ideas not even on how to fix this, just to understand what's happening.

Ponzalskov

The thing is that even if I remove all code from the object (even the Draw Event per se), still won't show anything but the backgroud (I've checked this changing the background color, seems to be the only thing drawing correctly).
The Draw event is just for debug reasons, same as keyboard inputs.
I can actually move the text around,so everything is working but the sprite drawing.

Ponzalskov

Okay, so this is what I found out:

- Sprites created with the internal sprite editor before the lastest IDE works okay.
- Any new sprites created with internal sprite editor wont show in any way, nor automatically or using the draw_self() or draw_sprite() functions.
- Using a previous IDE or even importing a previously created sprite won't fix this problem neither.
- External sprite editors don't fix this problem.

Any other ideas or tests I should do before reporting this as a bug ?
I'm really annoyed and frustrated by now, I can't start a new project or continue a previous one.

EDIT:
+ SOLVED!
It was something to do with the Avast free version antivirus for Windows 10.
Tried shutting down for a bit and all project worked perfectly.

Last edited: