• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Rhythm Inferno - HELP SAVE EARTH FROM EVIL MUSIC-SUCKING ALIEN FORCES!

XD005

1609191196619.png

Screenshots
mEzCYosy8b.gif
1609191960617.png

Description
Rhythm Inferno is a music game being developed in Game Maker Studio 2.
It aims to blend story elements with rhythm games.
The player progresses through a boardgame type of set up.
The player must complete challenges along the way and the story progresses with each successful challenge completed.

Controls
WSAD - Move Selection/Left Lane
HJUK - Confirm, Back, Option/Right lane
Gamepads are also supported

Notes

This game is a solo project that I've been developing for almost a year now.
If you have any feedback, please post them to the thread or email [email protected]
for a more immediate response or help. Additionally, I am in desperate need of additional team members.
If you'd like to join the team, please go through the appropriate forum pages or send an email or DM.
Lastly, keep in mind that there may still be some placeholder images, and inaccessible features do to the
nature of it being a WIP. Thanks for you time. :)

Download the game here (version 1.4.1).

Last edited:

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your game.

UI elements in lower right corner were really small. I think you could make them bit larger.
I was really confused at first when nothing happened from 'WASD' or arrow keys. Had to come read your post again. 'HJUK' didnt really come to mind.

Having to play with both hands took some time to get used to. Couldnt really focus at all with harder songs :D
I think you could use different colors for each directions. Its hard to see what is what when they are coming from same lane.

XD005

Hey, i tried your game.

UI elements in lower right corner were really small. I think you could make them bit larger.
I was really confused at first when nothing happened from 'WASD' or arrow keys. Had to come read your post again. 'HJUK' didnt really come to mind.

Having to play with both hands took some time to get used to. Couldnt really focus at all with harder songs :D
I think you could use different colors for each directions. Its hard to see what is what when they are coming from same lane.
Thanks for the feedback.
I will correct these issues in a future version.
I use a 4K Monitor so it's good to know whats going on with other machines with the GUI sizing.

Also valuable feedback. I've thought about representing the notes in different ways.
One idea was to use a spinning circle instead of a "cross". That might be something I re-visit given your feedback.