• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX MacOS YYC with Steam crashes: EXC_BAD_ACCESS

meltypixel

Is anyone able to successfully compile a game for MacOS with YYC and Steam enabled? I seem to be able to compile just fine without Steam enabled, but when I flip it on, I get a bunch of EXC_BAD_ACCESS errors that crash the game as soon as it tries to launch. In Xcode, they look like this:
Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.02.16 AM.png
I've reproduced this with a different project, it seems to be an issue with the combo of MacOS, YYC, and Steam.

Here's additional info:
Windows 10 running GMS2 Beta IDE v23.1.1.230 Runtime v23.1.1.228 (this seems to also be a problem in the non-beta version, too)
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 running Xcode 11.7
Steamworks 1.42 (as recommended by the GMS2 docs)

I've only tried initiating the build from my windows machine because GMS2 for Mac doesn't seem to be able to find the steamworks sdk. Not sure if this is a bug or if I've just got something misconfigured (pretty certain I don't), but if anyone has experience to share, I'm all ears.

Is anyone able to successfully compile a game for MacOS with YYC and Steam enabled? I seem to be able to compile just fine without Steam enabled, but when I flip it on, I get a bunch of EXC_BAD_ACCESS errors that crash the game as soon as it tries to launch. In Xcode, they look like this:
View attachment 35835
I've reproduced this with a different project, it seems to be an issue with the combo of MacOS, YYC, and Steam.

Here's additional info:
Windows 10 running GMS2 Beta IDE v23.1.1.230 Runtime v23.1.1.228 (this seems to also be a problem in the non-beta version, too)
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 running Xcode 11.7
Steamworks 1.42 (as recommended by the GMS2 docs)

I've only tried initiating the build from my windows machine because GMS2 for Mac doesn't seem to be able to find the steamworks sdk. Not sure if this is a bug or if I've just got something misconfigured (pretty certain I don't), but if anyone has experience to share, I'm all ears.
I am having this issue when testing or debugging the game. I can "Clean" the project and then try debug and it then loads up. Only since the latest version of 2.3 has been released though.

Are you able to create a build for release?
If I try create a build for release, it builds, then when I open it um, it does the same error? It's super strange!

Code:
Process:               Mac_Runner [1269]
Path:                  /Users/Shared/*/YoYo Runner.app/Contents/MacOS/Mac_Runner
Identifier:            com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner
Version:               2.3.406 (2.3.406)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Mac_Runner [1269]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2020-12-02 16:58:13.174 +0000
OS Version:            macOS 11.0.1 (20B50)
Report Version:        12
Bridge OS Version:     5.0.1 (18P2561)
Anonymous UUID:        834F7806-CE78-6C1C-A729-50D4FD3E8FFB

Time Awake Since Boot: 2500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [1269]
That's the error that is generating?!

Last edited: