GMC Jam Discussion The Cosy GMC Jam 39 Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M

Gonna have a hard time to fit pancake into that, even if you spell it badly.

Edit: gonna take one final guess that the theme actually is pandemic treature. The only other option would be pathetic, but I think that's less likely. Pathetic treasure could be interesting. I'm going to have to think about these to come up with something fun...

Last edited:

Gizmo199

Pathetic creature! There is no way its pandemic. To much uproar about it I think. I hope anyway. Pathetic creature has a lot of variety and you can do alot with it! I actually might be able to enter this one with plenty of time since my work just got shut down for covid. Sucks for money, great for gamedev! Looking forward to it!

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
P A _ _ E _ I C / _ _ E A _ _ _ E
Pacific Rim!

Pandemic
Parhelic
Parietic
Pathetic

Bleareye
Breakage
Breakaxe
Clearage
Cleavage~
Creasote
Creatine
Creative
Creature
Fleabane
Fleabite
Idealise
Idealize
Ideative
Oleaceae
Pleasure~
Preamble
Stearate
Stearone
Steatite
Theaceae
Theatine
Treasure
Treatise
Treature

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Pacific Rim!

Pandemic
Parhelic
Parietic
Pathetic

Bleareye
Breakage
Breakaxe
Clearage
Cleavage~
Creasote
Creatine
Creative
Creature
Fleabane
Fleabite
Idealise
Idealize
Ideative
Oleaceae
Pleasure~
Preamble
Stearate
Stearone
Steatite
Theaceae
Theatine
Treasure
Treatise
Treature
Pathetic Pleasure
Time for a new leisure suit larry

K

Kleber_Ferreira

20 hours to go, community! Already started my video dev log introduction speech. Now I only need a training montage with a nice rock background music and a motivational speech to close it up.

So many people flaking about the word pandemic. I've got a pretty funny comedy idea if it is and I wanna put a funny spin on it! xD

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
It 6am here, 26th.. where are those magic words ? When are they

PATHETIC / TREASURE !???

er,, finished game in 20 hours, receiving small treasures on the way, storyline speaks of an all knowing mystical item at the end of the road.. only to find! a know it all dwarf! that's been dead for 10000 years!

PANDEMIC / CREATURE

Iz me, mario.. but with a cough! when ever I cough tortoise turn into sick tortoise en follow me to doom gate xD

Last edited:

Micah_DS

I'm hoping for PATHETIC CREATURE, because it would be perfect for nuts goner characters. 🤪

If that's the theme, I foresee 95% chaotic fun and 5% ocean-deep depression... Nice ~

MIchael PS

Well, I'm in!
Good Luck everyone!
(Also a question here: where should the games be uploaded? Wherever, as long as there is a link in the Made with GameMaker? Or should they be uploaded somewhere in particular?)

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
(Also a question here: where should the games be uploaded? Wherever, as long as there is a link in the Made with GameMaker? Or should they be uploaded somewhere in particular?)
You can upload your game anywhere, but you also need to make sure the link is publicly available for everyone (there have been cases of people posting their game to itch.io, only to later find out the game didn't make it into the ZIP because the itch.io page wasn't published).

You must post a link to the game somewhere in the Games Topic post; the Games Topic will be created soon, and will be open once the theme is revealed.
You can browse through the GMC Jam forums to see previous game topics. Here is the one for the previous Jam.

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
As @Alice said, entries should be posted in the games topic, the one for this jam is here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/the-gmc-jam-39-games-topic-open-soon.81247/
It will open in ~40mins.

As Alice also said, a lot of people use https://itch.io/ to host their games. If you do so, just remember to set the page to public before you post your link in the jam topic!

:)

ghandpivot

Okay I have a weird issue that might kill my jam early.
In the start of my project, I decided I wanted to try something risky so I used "save as" to save the project as a new file before continuing. Then I worked on it for 5 hours since it turned out to work just fine. When I then messed something up a little I decided to open the old project to see how it was originally coded. That was a bad idea, now I can no longer access my new project.
The folder is there, and all the new sprites and codes and scripts are in it , but when I open it it looks just like the original save with none of the content seen in the project's folder visible in the engine (1.4).

Any ideas?

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Okay I have a weird issue that might kill my jam early.
In the start of my project, I decided I wanted to try something risky so I used "save as" to save the project as a new file before continuing. Then I worked on it for 5 hours since it turned out to work just fine. When I then messed something up a little I decided to open the old project to see how it was originally coded. That was a bad idea, now I can no longer access my new project.
The folder is there, and all the new sprites and codes and scripts are in it , but when I open it it looks just like the original save with none of the content seen in the project's folder visible in the engine (1.4).

Any ideas?
Its loading the old project, just go to load project and file path to the location of the new project with the assets

ghandpivot

Its loading the old project, just go to load project and file path to the location of the new project with the assets
I'm in the new project's folder, double-clicking the new project's GameMaker File, and it opens the old project. Same if I open the file from game maker's "load project" function.
Also, all backups seem to be completely blank...

If I can set up a new project file which reads all the content within the project folder instead of somewhere else, that would work too.

Last edited:

ghandpivot

Okay, so edit:
The new game's folder didn't quite have what I thought it had. All new objects and codes are there, but all old objects where codes have been rewritten (which are most) have been replaced with how they looked like in the beginning. I managed to import all assets into a new game, but the lost code might just be too much for me, having had little time to begin with. I'll see if I can get around to rewrite all of it another day but it was so many hours of full focus effort 🙃

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I've been sick the entire day (food poisoning? weather-induced migraine?) and only barely gotten back on my feet, so I'm going into this at the maximal possible energy levels. Woo.

N

NavierIsStoked

Excited to see what you guys come up with! Came here and realized ghandpivot is also using forward/inverse kinematics - it looks great! I used to be active on the legacy forum under shadow gamer, glad to see a lot of old faces!

Untitled.png

L

Lt. Farfetch'd

@GameDevDan if I'm a member of a 4-person team (say, programming x 2, audio and art) that generally prefers to work as a complete team, is there any way for us to participate - like a handicap or something? Asking for a friends. 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.