• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

(image index == x) in step event

shui.bdr

i need to do something in a certain frame of an object, the code i wrote is:

GML:
if (image_index == 25)
{
    image_speed = 0;
}
it's wrote in the step event and it's very simple, but when the animation reach that frame the animation speed doesen't sets to 0, it's like gamemaker
dosen't even recognises that the animation is at the 25 frame and it doesen't read the code inside

p.s. sorry for the bad english

TheouAegis

The image_index probably isn't 25, it's probably 25.001 instead. You can check if floor(image_index)==25, or if frame 25 is the last frame, you can just use the Animation End event. In GMS1 or earlier, you could also just check if image_index >=25 && image_index-image_speed<25.

Roderick

To further what @TheouAegis said, you should never use if (x == y) unless you are comparing ints or bools. With numbers that can be fraction (doubles, floats, etc) the odds of the numbers being close but not exactly the same are too high to risk. You should always use >, <, >= or <= to compare, or if you need an exact match (ie, you must use ==), use floor(), ceil() or round() on one or both to make sure you're working with ints.

shui.bdr

The image_index probably isn't 25, it's probably 25.001 instead. You can check if floor(image_index)==25, or if frame 25 is the last frame, you can just use the Animation End event. In GMS1 or earlier, you could also just check if image_index >=25 && image_index-image_speed<25.
i tried with the floor(image index) and with the other one, the animation doesen't stop anyways. i tried with the animation end event too

joeygopher

What was the image speed before it reached 25? Is it always exactly 1.0? If it goes higher than that, I can see scenarios where it's not going to meet the criteria you're checking.

I'd just switch it to check if the image index is greater than 24 and not put a top bound on it. Then it doesn't matter if it's 24.2, 25.33 or exactly 25 or whatever. If it's higher than 24 then it's time to go back to image 0.