• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Suggestion Tutorials

A

Aura

If you're talking about the Tutorials forum then the forum structure has been kept as simple as possible and I really doubt that any sub-forum would be added; because they cause confusion. You can use topic tags and prefixes, so that those topics get displayed when a certain genre is searched for.

If you're talking about the built-in tutorials, that was suggested once on the legacy GMC but the suggestion was denied because classifying tutorials on the basis of genre is a bad idea. Those tutorials are mere demonstrations of how certains functions can be used and not really engines of various genre mechanics. So I highly doubt the effectiveness of such a system.

Sabnock

If you're talking about the Tutorials forum then the forum structure has been kept as simple as possible and I really doubt that any sub-forum would be added; because they cause confusion. You can use topic tags and prefixes, so that those topics get displayed when a certain genre is searched for.

If you're talking about the built-in tutorials, that was suggested once on the legacy GMC but the suggestion was denied because classifying tutorials on the basis of genre is a bad idea. Those tutorials are mere demonstrations of how certains functions can be used and not really engines of various genre mechanics. So I highly doubt the effectiveness of such a system.
Fair enough. it was just a random thought i had.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Any chance that the tutorial section could be sub-sectioned into genres?
I don't think all tutorials would be classifiable into genres, either. A lot of things can be used more or less everywhere, such as data structures. E.g. you can use queues to store the turn order in a strategy game, but also use them as a list of the next bunch of obstacles in an infinite runner, or use them for a list of notes in a breadth-first search in a data matching utility. Forcing genres on the forum board would just make people not find creative approaches to problems they're looking into.