• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS1 Master Edition Details

W

Warped Dev

I am an owner of GMS1 Master Edition and I recall that part of that license gave free access to future updates/features or something along those lines. I was wondering if that included things relating to GMS2 (like, if that would somehow allow me to get a GMS2 license of some kind).

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
It only implied updates for the same major version (i.e. GMS 1.x for you), not any others in the future. And you missed the discount period by almost 3 years.

You are not entitled to anything but what you have now. Inaction has consequences too.

I am an owner of GMS1 Master Edition and I recall that part of that license gave free access to future updates/features or something along those lines. I was wondering if that included things relating to GMS2 (like, if that would somehow allow me to get a GMS2 license of some kind).
Yeah, officially, no.

But contact YYG's and ask nicely if they can do something for you. Buying the Master collection means you were a supporter who went the extra mile for YYG's. (And if they check your GM1 usage, I doubt you used more than a fraction of the features). They don't *have* to try give you something, but there's never harm in asking.

(Although they are a scottish company, so....)

You are not entitled to anything but what you have now. Inaction has consequences too.
Eeeerrr........ ok mom.