• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Hi. I am kind of freaking out here!

S

SlFinn

I have just bought the game maker studio 2 mobile licence And it is not showing on my account. It says I have to log out of the game maker IDE
but I don’t know how to do that. It says I can log out from the File Menu? Where is that? Please help me! I don’t know how to log out of the IDE and restart game maker studio 2! Please help me!

Ps. I had the trial license before and just bought this permanent licence for mobile today, which is why it says I need to log out of the game maker IDE and restart game maker studio

S

SlFinn

When I click on game maker it comes up with a white blank start page. How do I fix that?

The start page when I click on game maker is coming up blank with black background, how can I fix that?

The start page when I click on game maker is coming up blank with black background, how can I fix that?
never mind I restarted my laptop. However it won’t allow me to press the File Menu. Can I delete game maker off my laptop then re-install it and login that way?

Tornado

You can remove everything from this folder
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2
or
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2-Beta
if you are using Beta.

That way GMS will forget your previous login data.

You can always reinstall it.
Something went really wrong if you cannot open "File" menu item.
Are you on Windows or Mac?

S

SlFinn

I
You can always reinstall it.
Something went really wrong if you cannot open "File" menu item.
Are you on Windows or Mac?
I am on windows

I tried reinstalling it but it did the same thing and is still linked to the trial ide.

Tornado

You can remove everything from this folder
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2
or
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2-Beta
if you are using Beta.

That way GMS will forget your previous login data.
Have you tried this?
Because re-install might not remove the content of that folder.

S

SlFinn

I will try that and get back to you

Have you tried this?
Because re-install might not remove the content of that folder.
I just found out that the payment didn’t go through. My parents tried again, and the payment still hasn’t gone through. I don’t understand why though

Tornado

I cannot help you with the payment. :)
But payment is not related to your problem here. Once the payment is through, you will have the same problem.

After the payment is through, close GMS2, then remove everything inside that folder that I told you (not the folder itself) and start again GMS2.
GMS2 will prompt you then for login.