• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

how to retrieve facebook username (not userID)

J

jaber

Hi,
I finally managed to create an app account at facebook and integrated it with my website using the FB extension available free on the marketplace
as you see.. I can log in using FB account .. my question is... I want to pass the facebook username to my game... I dunno how to achive that ... any Ideas?
1602697252149.png

cheers

rIKmAN

Hi,
I finally managed to create an app account at facebook and integrated it with my website using the FB extension available free on the marketplace
as you see.. I can log in using FB account .. my question is... I want to pass the facebook username to my game... I dunno how to achive that ... any Ideas?

cheers
Not sure how up-to-date the guide is as Facebook change their systems almost as much as Apple/Google, but the guide here shows how to retrieve the username (and other details) using the Facebook graph - scroll down to the "Getting User Data" section.

J

jaber

Not sure how up-to-date the guide is as Facebook change their systems almost as much as Apple/Google, but the guide here shows how to retrieve the username (and other details) using the Facebook graph - scroll down to the "Getting User Data" section.

thanks... that was helpful.. i managed the integrtion