[Beta] Torre Maldita "Cursed tower" First time exposing a game

NicoFIDI

Cover.png

This game is the culmination of years of work.
The origin of the idea was to make a causal Rogue-Like for my phone.
And I think, It's almost done.
Yet I never gave a game the finishing touches so I don't know if it's ready.

To keep you away from unwanted information I will have all information inside spams.
1601148885888.png
1601149027593.png
1601149208063.png
1601149682714.png
Movement:
Using WASD, Arrow keys or clicking and dragging the black pad on the menu halve the character will move and consume a single energy.

Attack:
If you try to move in the direction of a wall, an enemy or other obstacle, the character will attack said obstacle.

Interaction:
Using space or taping the interaction balck pad will make the player perform the action represented in said pad.

Item use:
Using right click, (dobble tap on android) over an item in the inventory will consume it.

Spell cast:
Clicking over the hexagon on the menu will allow the player to draw a spell.
There are four spells for run, and the drawing needed for them is randomly generated.
-Succes on casting a spell will store said spell so you don't have to memorize it and consume an orb.
-Failing to cast a spell will consume an orb, so try not to guess what the drawing is for the spells.
Scrolls:
The scrolls have random effects assigned to their drawing every run.

Bread:
Restores energy.

Orbs:
The orbs are what you consume when you use a spell, hold as much as you can.
But they are not tha valuable.

Wall traps:
In some walls there are small visible traps that will shoot you a dart if you walk in front of them.

Spike traps:
The spike trap will allow you to walk over it only once.

Fake wall:
There are some walls that are not part of the main infrastructure and because of that you can attack it to clear your path.
The fake wall has no tridimencionality to it. It's a flat sprite.

Ladders:
The rising ladder will make you go up a level, and the ladder in the hole will make you go backwards.

Sacrifice Altar:
On interaction the altar you lose 50 max health and heal up to the new max value.

Difficult terrain:
Walking on difficult terrain wil make you move halve a cell.

Paintings:
Every painting have a spell drawing hidden on it.

Enemy, Siren:
The siren will create difficult terrain with water and will spawn a spell that moves the character againts its will.
If you kill her she will do some of this two things:
a- Drop a scroll.
b- Chant you a spell.

Enemy, Watcher:
The watcher will block the exit and jump over the floor if it has line of sight with the character.

I'm mostly seeking beta testers and feedback on the game overall.
I am, also, willing to add features of reasonable scope.

This are the downloading links:
Windows: Google drive Windows exe
Android: Google drive Android apk

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your game.

It was pretty fun, but it took me while to figure out what was going on.
This was as far is i got.

torre1.png

I got stuck on my first playthrought because i didnt realize that there was hidden paths in walls.
Maybe there could be small crack on those walls to make it more obvious.

It was unlear to me that you could heal on those ritual circles. There didnt seem to be any indicator that you can click on them like there was with ladders and objects.
My first runs ended up being really short because of that.

Traps where kinda hard to see, especially when they where on top of spike traps. But i suppose they wouldnt be traps if they where easy to see :)

I thought those puzzle things on the walls were traps, so i was just avoiding them in beginning :D

Maybe there could be small description what those scrolls do once you had learned its name.
Kinda had to just memorize what they did based on name alone.

Last edited:

NicoFIDI

Hey, i tried your game.

It was pretty fun, but it took me while to figure out what was going on.
This was as far is i got.

View attachment 34762

I got stuck on my first playthrought because i didnt realize that there was hidden paths in walls.
Maybe there could be small crack on those walls to make it more obvious.

It was unlear to me that you could heal on those ritual circles. There didnt seem to be any indicator that you can click on them like there was with ladders and objects.
My first runs ended up being really short because of that.

Traps where kinda hard to see, especially when they where on top of spike traps. But i suppose they wouldnt be traps if they where easy to see :)

I thought those puzzle things on the walls were traps, so i was just avoiding them in beginning :D

Maybe there could be small description what those scrolls do once you had learned its name.
Kinda had to just memorize what they did based on name alone.
I'm absolutely gratefull for this feedback.
Thanks for reporting this things, I didn't realize some of those issues. Probably because I played the game for so long and without any polish.
I'm working on it, (also I didn't realize that the death message was on the native GM messages, thanks for that too).