Legacy GM Does Anyone Know How To Do This??? Help

Llama_Code

Create a variable for the ship, set it to 0 for locked. When it's unlocked set it to 1. Check the value of the variable when creating the sprite/object.

If it is 0 it's locked so create the locked one. If it's 1 then it's unlocked.

Depending on your setup you might be able to use just 1 variable , and incriment it for each one unlocked.

W

WolfYouTube

Create a variable for the ship, set it to 0 for locked. When it's unlocked set it to 1. Check the value of the variable when creating the sprite/object.

If it is 0 it's locked so create the locked one. If it's 1 then it's unlocked.

Depending on your setup you might be able to use just 1 variable , and incriment it for each one unlocked.
I'm sorry but can you put the code? I'm noob. :p

N

Nexusrex

Simply make a variable like "shipunlocked" and set it to false, when you want to unlock it. make it true.

R

rui.rosario

I don't know how to do anything
I recommend following some tutorials first then, about how to use GameMaker (there are a lot of good ones on YouTube, just search for them, you can also search for text-based ones on Google).

After that, you should read up on the manual (especially if you go down the GML road, you don't need to know everything by heart, but just get a general notion of how things go and what features are available out of the box).

If after all this you still don't have any idea of how to accomplish what you asked then you should try to reach out to a mentor or something.

W

WolfYouTube

I recommend following some tutorials first then, about how to use GameMaker (there are a lot of good ones on YouTube, just search for them, you can also search for text-based ones on Google).

After that, you should read up on the manual (especially if you go down the GML road, you don't need to know everything by heart, but just get a general notion of how things go and what features are available out of the box).

If after all this you still don't have any idea of how to accomplish what you asked then you should try to reach out to a mentor or something.
There is no tutorials for this ;(

T

TDSrock

He said tutorials, not tutorials on this exact subject.
What you are aiming to do here. Is rather simplistic, without being rude we are advising you to first broaden your general programming knowledge.

R

rui.rosario

Tutorial aren't meant to be for specific features. They are meant to tutor you into how you can take advantage of several features differently. I recommend following a couple of tutorials so that you can get a better feel for the GameMaker engine and some of the features it offers you. After you acquire that knowledge you'll look back onto your question with a completely new set of eyes and more than likely it will stop being a problem for you anymore. No one here is going to make the game for you (unless of course you hire them :p), and there were already members telling you the basis of how you do it. If with that you still don't understand how to perform the action then it is because you clearly lack the foundations you acquire through experience with the engine. So, read up on some tutorials, play around with GameMaker and when you're more comfortable with it read up on the answers in this thread and you'll understand everything :)

N

Nexusrex

*Facepalm* Check normal tutorials. How to make unlockable tutorials. Or even understand the main GML from the manual.

Llama_Code

What your asking is pretty basic, and the answer given is a basic foundation of buildings games. Game are lots of variables. If you don't yet understand this, then you are not ready to make a game.

Dont misinterprete my response as rude because it's not, it's a reality. As others suggested look at some tutorial on basics. The built in tutorials are a great place to start.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Theres unlockable levels tutorials but not players
Don't be such a Goldilocks, not everything will be served exactly the way you like it. Often you have to adapt stuff yourself. That's life.

With unlockable levels, the unlocked buttons take you to rooms. With unlockable characters, the unlocked buttons either set a global variable indicating which character to create upon starting a level, or take you to different rooms where that chosen character is used. The parallels are trivial to draw.

And I saw that you wanted to apply for a job position on the Collaboration section yesterday? Believe me, in a real job, at least 95% of what you do comes with no step-by-step tutorials or solutions, that's why they had to hire. Maybe you should be working on some proper problem-solving ethics first.