• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Can't rename sprites anymore.

Dinar8777

Whenever I try to name/rename a sprite in my game, it resets automatically and doesn't keep what I typed, effectively meaning I can't name my sprites anything useful unless I keep the "Sprite1578" kind of names it automatically generates, which is a massive hassle obviously.

rIKmAN

Whenever I try to name/rename a sprite in my game, it resets automatically and doesn't keep what I typed, effectively meaning I can't name my sprites anything useful unless I keep the "Sprite1578" kind of names it automatically generates, which is a massive hassle obviously.
What version are you using?
Are you using the last beta or the "stable" release?

Does your account have admin rights or permission to write to wherever the files are located on your system?
Do you have any antivirus or similar software which could be preventing the file from being renamed?
Does your ui.log file show anything which may be related to a failed rename operation? (Help > Open Log in Explorer

Dinar8777

What version are you using?
Are you using the last beta or the "stable" release?

Does your account have admin rights or permission to write to wherever the files are located on your system?
Do you have any antivirus or similar software which could be preventing the file from being renamed?
Does your ui.log file show anything which may be related to a failed rename operation? (Help > Open Log in Explorer
I'm using version 2.3 and the appropriate runtime too. I can rename my files normally outside of game maker. I can't access my ui.log as I can't access the program data part of the ui.log location, so I can't send it

EDIT: I fixed it seemingly for now, by changing my "path" where gms2 accesses my project, to one that's less characters as the ui.log said it needs to be less than 248 characters long

Attachments

Last edited: