Discussion Space

Hey. I am running out of space on -> SSD C:\ 256 GB. It seems like the more I delete the more it gets fuller.

I have a normal drive to . I used the program WinDirStat. It showed up on the C: showing up as I previously noticed.

For eample, I have 170 GB / 256 GB. Then I delete AppData and I was down in a reasonable size.

But I can't do that all the time (170/256) Several times my project was ruined by what i am sure is

from me messing with AppData. Now I have a program called WinDirStat. Ran a scan withat and there is like

106GB right now devoted to AppData. Should I just delete AppData knowing that there is a risk of mine

for knowning that GMS2 can cause corrupt my program.\

I'm attaching the file to give you and illustrating that AppData (which is the blue that's taking up all my sreen.

Attachments

That defies the laws of physics.

This approach will corrupt many installed programs.
LOL.

Master Cabalist said:
Should I just delete AppData knowing that there is a risk of mine for knowning that GMS2 can cause corrupt my program.
This approach will corrupt many installed programs.
Do you have a better idea? I was reading and there were a lot of people with same problem.
So should I ask? Should I delete the *really* old projects so I can keep working on t he new version?

S

Sybok

Yeah, I would (and do).

Just be careful of what you are deleting in AppData. Don't do a 'select all' then hit delete. As long as you are deleting only old GM game builds, you should be fine.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
AppData holds both program data and temporary data. Deleting it indiscriminately will corrupt most to all of your locally installed programs, including GMS 2.

Here are some safer ways to free up space:
  • Run Disk Cleanup and free everything you can let go of there.
  • Clean the cache on all browsers.
And 2 GMS-specific ways to free up space:
  • Clear the three cache/temp directories in Preferences > General Settings > Paths.
  • Delete old unused runtimes in Preferences > Runtime Feeds > Master.
And several actions specific to what I'm seeing on your system:
  • Delete or compress finished GM products that you are not actively using (notice the amount of space taken up by .win files)
  • For music files in your projects, enable the compressed option (again this makes .win files smaller)
  • Delete the ISO files that you've already burned to a DVD or that you don't need.

Mercerenies

Hey. I am running out of space on -> SSD C:\ 256 GB. It seems like the more I delete the more it gets fuller.
I'm going to state the obvious here. Are you emptying your recycle bin? Because deleting a bunch of things and leaving them in the recycle bin would have that effect.