• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Moonlit - Retro Platformer Game

dudaxan

Moonlit

MoonlitLogo-ok.png
Moonlit is a retro-style platform game, in which you play as a young girl affected by a curse. At night, she is able to morph into a werewolf, and, as a werewolf, she cannot use her gun as a ranged-weapon, but her claws become a deadly melee weapon.
The game has been in development for over a year now, and it should be done by the end of this year. I've been doing all the programming myself and the art has been made by freelancer artists.
I plan on releasing a demo version soon, after I finish some adjustments.

The gameplay is split into 6 levels, being an intro level (single act), 4 main levels (3 acts each) and one final level (single act). That means you have 14 playable stages in total, with a boss at the final act of each stage.

Here are some screenshots of the game:
img2.png
imgx.png
img4.png
img9.png

At the game's Instagram page, you can see more pictures and videos, that I'm not able to attach here.

What do you think about it? Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Feel free to let me know it!

Thanks very much for you attention.​

pixeltroid

looks nice!

But I cant help but notice that the shading is a bit inconsistent. Perhaps because you've worked with several freelance artists.

dudaxan

Hey lots of love you put into it so far. I like the story
Thanks šŸ˜

looks nice!

But I cant help but notice that the shading is a bit inconsistent. Perhaps because you've worked with several freelance artists.
Hey! Thanks for your feedback! Are you talking about the characters, monsters or tilesets? I'm asking that since you might be talking about the day-night cycle... Let me show you a video!

pixeltroid

Hey! Thanks for your feedback! Are you talking about the characters, monsters or tilesets? I'm asking that since you might be talking about the day-night cycle... Let me show you a video!
I was talking about the creatures (shark, kangaroo, lion, and elephant). IMO they look somewhat flat. It could use a little more touching up. It's just a minor thing though.

That said, the tilesets and backgrounds look lovely though. And the day night cycle video is also looks fantastic.

dudaxan

I was talking about the creatures (shark, kangaroo, lion, and elephant). IMO they look somewhat flat. It could use a little more touching up. It's just a minor thing though.

That said, the tilesets and backgrounds look lovely though. And the day night cycle video is also looks fantastic.
Ahh, I see! I will see what I can do about that. Thank you a lot!! šŸ˜Š