Free Tama Cannon - Blast off on Android, iOS, Windows & Opera GX - and wish list on Nintendo Switch!

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder

Tama Cannon by Chequered Ink

Tama is a curious creature in a strange world full of floating cannons.

Fire Tama from cannon to cannon in search of treasure and blast your way to the golden Star Cannon in each level!

The game features 60 levels across 6 worlds, each with their own different challenges to face.

Can you help Tama find all the coins?

Free on Google Play
Free on the App Store
Free / Pay What You Want on Itch
Play on Opera GX
Add to your wish list now on Nintendo eShop!

NEW, Nintendo Switch screenshots:

Last edited:

Roderick

Not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request:

I cannot find any way to exit the game.
I'm using a Samsung Note 10 Plus. It has no physical buttons, and when I'm at the title screen, the Back gesture does nothing; I have to use the Home gesture to get out of the game.

So, if there is an exit dialog when you hit Back on the title screen, consider this a bug report: the dialog doesn't show when doing the Back gesture on buttonless systems.

If there is not an exit dialog, I'd like to request a button on the title screen that brings up such a dialog and closes the app on confirmation.

Other than that, it looks good, and plays well.

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
Not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request...
Thanks, I'll make a note of that and see what I can do about it! As far as I can tell it's no longer advisable to use game_end to close an Android app in GameMaker as most devices handle this with the task management button (or whatever the little square on the Google Bar is technically called) - but I'll see if there's anyway to make the "back" button minimise the game.

Toque

Played on my 6s. Fun game. I like how you switched things up. Decent variety.
need to keep playing to get a full feel of it. Nice game.

Ok played for awhile. My only gripe is hard to put into words. It’s about the level design. It seems like most of the levels up to 14 were easy teaching levels. For me the fun came 14 and beyond.

Last edited:

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
Thanks for the feedback Toque! I guess to put that into words it would be "it's too easy for too long" ? maybe? haha I'll take it on board anyway.

Toque

Perhaps. It’s very well done. You could introduce multiple new elements in one level. I’m not a fan of really hard games either.

Toque

My son plays it. He likes that it’s easier.
We like it. Interesting I did not think your a mobile dev from your jam games. So happy to your game.

Last edited:

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder

Big News! Tama Cannon is launching on Nintendo Switch on February 17th, and it's already listed as coming soon in the Nintendo eShop so you can add it to your wish list now 💚