• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Problem with resolution on android

Hi! Since my last (i think) android update, the game that i'm developing starts sometimes in another resolution than it was programmed to. I've been developing the game since may 1st and i'm having this problem for about one week. I didn't change anything regarding the resolution.

When i run the game from gamemaker it always starts ok, but ONLY sometimes when i start the game from the phone, it starts badly. See the attached screenshots.

Does anybody know why? Thank you!

P.S. Check the instagram of the game @kokorogames

Attachments

Last edited:

flyinian

Hi! Since my last (i think) android update, the game that i'm developing starts sometimes in another resolution than it was programmed to. I've been developing the game since may 1st and i'm having this problem for about one week. I didn't change anything regarding the resolution.

When i run the game from gamemaker it always starts ok, but ONLY sometimes when i start the game from the phone, it starts badly. See the attached screenshots.

Does anybody know why? Thank you!

P.S. Check the instagram of the game @kokorogames
I recommend stopping development of your game until you figure out the resolution problem. Resolution will make or break your game.

Check this article.

That article should give you a good start if you haven't done resolution that way yet.

I recommend stopping development of your game until you figure out the resolution problem. Resolution will make or break your game.

Check this article.

That article should give you a good start if you haven't done resolution that way yet.
Hi, thanks for advice. I know that article. Everything was scaled properly and worked fine until my phone updated itself. The update introduced the possibility of any app to start in a window. And i think that's what sometimes breaks how my game starts.