Free TowerTopple

Kepons

Lost The Bet
Glad to see the forums back up, so here's a game I made in the meantime. It was originally created for the Ludum Dare 35 48-hour compo with some polishing and little things added afterwards.

Description (shamelessly copied from at most two other places): In this simple game, your goal is to build a tower that rivals the sky itself in height. Every block that you fail to drop on the top of the tower transforms into a golem which then tries to ascend your monument and demolish it. How high can you build?

GameJolt page

TT1.png

TT2.png

TT3.png

S

Snail Man

Nice game! I really liked the variety of different tower sections, which helped to not make the tower look as boring/monotone, and the golem element was very innovative. I'd be curious to see a version with actual Box2D Physics, although I know first hand how hard that can be to get 'feeling right'.
Highscore: 19 (Yeah, I know I'm terrible)

Kepons

Lost The Bet
Nice game! I really liked the variety of different tower sections, which helped to not make the tower look as boring/monotone, and the golem element was very innovative. I'd be curious to see a version with actual Box2D Physics, although I know first hand how hard that can be to get 'feeling right'.
Highscore: 19 (Yeah, I know I'm terrible)
Thanks for checking it out. I haven't actually tried using the Box2D functionality, but I imagine this game would turn into a horrible mess of blocks sliding and bouncing off of one another. I'm quite content with the current physics.

S

Snail Man

Yeah, those were the issues I was thinking about. I'm sure there are ways you could make them more "sticky", but I agree that it doesn't seem quite worth it as the game works well in its current state. I just like building massive towers out of physics blocks :3