• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion What are you doing to protect your hands?

M

Matthew

My girlfriend is all but forcing me to get a wrist-guard because of all the typing I do. I don't think I need it, because I regularly train my grip separately from weight lifting, but I'll try it out.

Anyone know a comfortable model? Am I supposed to wear one on each arm?

A

AnonyMouse

I had big troubles with so called tunnel syndrome with my right hand, then with the left. After a therapy and special mouse with low profile and curved keyboard Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 and putting the chair higher so may fingers are the lowest part of my hand it become better. Wrist-guards are too much hot, I cant bear them in most seasons.

hdarren

Make sure your posture is correct. Forward head syndrome is a killer for RSI since it reduces blood flow to the hands.

RangerX

Hand job is really difficult for me to do after I have typed for more than six hours, but warm water helps me relax, so you can try that, yeah. :)
Google "hand job" and see what happens...
lol

Back on topic, to prevent injuries its all about dosing really. Don't go 6 hours without a break. Do exercices, stay healthy. Its long periods of "anything" that are your ennemy.