GameMaker How to properly setup SFX for Platformer

Petrik33

Hello everybody, I am currently working on a small project called Sunset Forest game. And it is a platformer with only one room of 2560 x 1280 size. And I am currently trying to add sounds in it. I have sound effects made by a member of the team and I applied them using audio_listeners and audio_emitters. But what I don't like is that sounds are too much far way from the player, like when I hit the enemy like on screenshot, the sound can be heard with proper loudness and from the right side (after I set up audio_listener_orientation) but Too FAR away from me. So what should I do to make the sound be heard from peoper distance and is it the right audio system for platformers:
( Every moving instance creates it's own sound emmiter and plays the needed sounds on it, listeners position is set to the player's coordinates in his Step Event)
GML:
//Step event of Pobj_moving_entity
audio_emitter_position(my_emitter,x,y,0);

Attachments

NightFrost

Have you experimented with audio_emitter_falloff and audio_falloff_set_model yet? Those control how volume is shaped across distance.

Petrik33

Have you experimented with audio_emitter_falloff and audio_falloff_set_model yet? Those control how volume is shaped across distance.
I tried audio_fallof_set_model, But I haven't noticed audio_emitter_falloff in the Manual, thanks gonna check it tomorrow and probably the problem will be solved, Thank you!