• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker SWF Image import Error

A

AssoAndrea

When i import a SWF image on game maker i see only a big white square

Attachments

rIKmAN

When i import a SWF image on game maker i see only a big white square
What are you using to export your .swf files?

GMS is quite picky about the files it works well with, if you do a search on the forum (via google adding "site:forum.yoyogames.com" to your search query as the forum search doesn't support 3 letter words like "swf") you'll find quite a few threads about it and peoples experiences of using different software / settings to export swf files that play nice with GMS.

A

AssoAndrea

What are you using to export your .swf files?

GMS is quite picky about the files it works well with, if you do a search on the forum (via google adding "site:forum.yoyogames.com" to your search query as the forum search doesn't support 3 letter words like "swf") you'll find quite a few threads about it and peoples experiences of using different software / settings to export swf files that play nice with GMS.
i try with illustrator and PhotoLine

rIKmAN

i try with illustrator and PhotoLine
I can't remember what the best option turned out to be, but I remember the discussion going into detail testing various export settings from Flash, Illustrator etc to see which ones worked best. As I said use Google to search the forum and you'll find it, it was quite a long detailed thread.