• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS2 sale and console license

drandula

Hi. I was wondering about GMS2 console/Ultimate licenses and Summer sale.
These licenses have 12 month time period of use, does this time period start immediately at the date of purchase? Or could one just activate it later, like 3 months after purchase?
Now if it can be activated later, I could buy now from Summer sale with discount, and activate license when time is right.

If it activates right at purchase, how does "buy as a gift" work?

rIKmAN

I'm not sure the console subscriptions would be in a sale as they are costs passed on from the platform holders.

All my licences became active as soon as they were purchased, so I assume "Buy as a Gift" would work the same way, except they would be linked to an account other than your own. There are no Steam keys etc for GMS2 the way there was with 1.4 so you can't hold onto a key and redeem it later.

However, these are questions you should be asking to YYG Support rather than on the forum, that's the only way to get a concrete answer on licencing questions.

drandula

I'm not sure the console subscriptions would be in a sale as they are costs passed on from the platform holders.
They are also on sale, see attachment.
I did hope someone from YYG would answer here in forums, but I will soon contact help desk directly. I thought answer here would be public information and might be helpful for others too.

Attachments

rIKmAN

They are also on sale, see attachment.
I did hope someone from YYG would answer here in forums, but I will soon contact help desk directly. I thought answer here would be public information and might be helpful for others too.
Oh nice, first time I've ever seen those on sale - guess they have some wiggle room on top of the platform holder fees.

Yeah contacting support for licencing queries is always best as you get an official concrete answer then rather than possible incorrect answers from people like me!
Feel free to post the info you get in response on here though for others to see.

drandula

I have a console licence, it's active as soon as you buy it (unfortunately)
Yeah, I just got answer from YYG Helpdesk, which stated same: "All licenses through our website will activate on the purchased date, this is something that is hardcoded in to our system and therefore can't be delayed".
Which is bummer though but understandable. I did hope I could buy now at lower price and activate later during Autumn when it would have been more timely moment.

Also Helpdesk said sales don't extend for "Buy as a gift" option (so companies wouldn't buy bulk licenses to re-sell them higher price).

Chaser

So what happens when you release to like playstation store and the GM license expires or not re-newed in time, does Sony remove the game from store until the its reinstated? i'm curious.:)

drandula

So what happens when you release to like playstation store and the GM license expires or not re-newed in time, does Sony remove the game from store until the its reinstated? i'm curious.:)
I don't think it affects your publications in stores. You just can't compile new versions of your game and therefore can't make any updates, which may be necessary. But I don't have information, just a guess.

gnysek

You can't normally purchase those licences, need to contact YYG directly and prove you've got a devkit, so they start when YYG gets payment in fact.

I don't see reason in delaying activation. If you don't have devkit now, you can't get a licence now. There are sales every season, so should be another one around Black Friday or Halloween, or whatever.