• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Human brain, neurons, synaptic images etc needed for my book. Can anyone help me?

Amon

I'm looking for this kind of art, preferably, black and white line art of the things in the thread title. Can anyone help point me in the right direction on where to find professional grade images like these that allow for commercial publication in my book?

pixeltroid

Look up "Grays Anatomy", a very well known Human anatomy textbook first published in 1918. I used that book as a visual reference for a project I worked on in 2012. And I own a hard copy of the book (a later edition, of course).

It's got beautiful hand-drawn images of human anatomy like this one:

IIRC it's in the public domain. But I don't know if you're allowed to use it in a book of your own. Please do your research on this matter.

If you can't use images from "Gray's anatomy", then look for "vintage anatomy drawings" or something.

S

Sybok

You have come to the right place. I just beheaded by neighbour a few minutes ago.

Mercerenies

You have come to the right place. I just beheaded by neighbour a few minutes ago.
Are you insane? You don't hold the copyright to your neighbor's head! At least, not for another seventy years, after which time it'll fade into public domain.

S

Sybok

Are you insane? You don't hold the copyright to your neighbor's head! At least, not for another seventy years, after which time it'll fade into public domain.
Don't worry, I have it covered. I put a sign on their door saying "Gone on a big holiday". No one will be able to trace it back to anyone.