• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

What to buy

C

clockworkengine

Hello all, I'm new to the forum. Nice to meet you all. Name's Ronald.

I'm finally going to purchase the permanent license for game maker 2. I've been using gamemaker studio for quite awhile but I'm trying to get caught up.
My project is intended for PC and Android at first, and I want to make sure I get the licenses I need without overdoing it or underdoing it.

Do I need to purchase both the PC and Mobile licenses separately or does the mobile license also cover windows?
I'm pretty sure I need to buy both but I wanted to be certain.

Do I need anything else?

Thanks for bothering, and I hope to become a valued member here in the GameMaker Community.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
The mobile license does not cover desktop platforms, only mobile platforms. So you'd need both to export to both targets.

To develop for mobile platforms, you'll need a corresponding developer license, which may require its own annual or one-time fee depending on the platform.

C

clockworkengine

The mobile license does not cover desktop platforms, only mobile platforms. So you'd need both to export to both targets.

To develop for mobile platforms, you'll need a corresponding developer license, which may require its own annual or one-time fee depending on the platform.
Ah, I hadn't considered this. The android developer license only costs 25 bucks from what I've just read. All in all, seems doable. Thanks for the insight, that was just the kind of info I needed.