• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion HUAWEI Developer - APP GALLERY

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I don't see why not? It requires an APK, and GameMaker can make APKs or AAB files. AFAIK, the security stuff is added by them after the APK is uploaded. Why not make a developer account and see? It appears to be free to do so...

camerakid

Thank you for the quick reply :) ! I'm already under "real-name" review :D After that I will give it a try and upload an APK. Will give some feedback :)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Thank you for the quick reply :) ! I'm already under "real-name" review :D After that I will give it a try and upload an APK. Will give some feedback :)
Lol! Me too! Although I've hit a snag setting up the merchant account... we'll see if they can resolve it! Will be interesting to test this as it's potentially a MASSIVE market for games made with GameMaker.

camerakid

Lol! Me too! Although I've hit a snag setting up the merchant account... we'll see if they can resolve it! Will be interesting to test this as it's potentially a MASSIVE market for games made with GameMaker.
Well I had a problem too with the branch number... contacted my bank and no one heard of a branch number.. it turned out to be the IBAN nubmer's 5th to 12th digits.

Mool

Hi I talked to other devs and they suggest it. I will upload next month. I am still registered and accepted. I can help you later. Seems like you need to reimplement IAP (Google IAP isnt working there), but that isnt that hard.

camerakid

update:

So after a second round of upload my game successfully have been released on the App Gallery. I will give some feedback on sales estimates in a month or so. My app does not include IAPs it is a premium game.

To conclude: I think it really worth registering and simply uploading any great APK Android games/apps to the Huawei App Gallery it is very easy and straigforward to do so and if one registers before 2020 June, great benefits apply (its in the original post of mine I do not want to over advertise :) )

Tornado

Hi!

Did you use google SDK for build or Huawei's?
Does someone know how to build .apk using Huawei's SDK (HMS)?

Thanks!

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Given how Google's mainstream services are all banned in mainland China, it is probably built with Huawei's SDKs.

As for how it integrates, it's probably with a custom extension, no different from how it's already done with Google's APIs. This is why it's foolhardy to attempt commercial Android development without Java, or iOS development without Objective C/Swift. You can't expect YoYo or the GMC to be your cavalry when the time comes to integrate with a new or yet-to-be-popular SDK as part of a business deal, the prospect of custom work is almost certain.

camerakid

Hi!

Thanks!
I simple created an APK with Google SDK without any Google Services or Extensions in GMS2 with the Android module. And it worked nice.

However.... sales are very low for my app :)

Tornado

Thank you very much for your answer. We have a game released at Google Play and Apple App Store, and now for App Gallery we also just tried and created .apk just normal with Google SDK and uploaded it to App Gallery and are waiting for review now, but before that, we removed Google Play Billing extension from Game Maker Studio and all our In-App purchase code. This is the only Google service our game uses. (Actualy we also removed IronSource Ads extension, but that's another story). As I understood it is not possible to release Apps in Mainland China if Huawei SDK is not used. This is why I asked if you maybe managed to build your apk with Huawei SDK.

It would be nice if we could find some guidelines how to build apk or aab from Game Maker Studio using Huawei SDK. I don't even know if it is possible. We are not so good at GMS2 build process under the hood, and we are very small team.

For IAP on App Gallery we would need to implement an extension which communicates with Huawei IAP SDK. Never did that before. We plan to take a month to try to write an extension and provide some "bridge" code in Java(Androd). Never did Android programming before either, but we have like 20-years experience in Java Programming. I guess we will have to learn it by looking how Google Play Billing extension was made.

Then I guess we will also need to implement an extension for Ads because it seems that IronSource doesn't generate any profit on Huawei Platform. We are still checking this.

camerakid

Thank you very much for your answer. We have a game released at Google Play and Apple App Store, and now for App Gallery we also just tried and created .apk just normal with Google SDK and uploaded it to App Gallery and are waiting for review now, but before that, we removed Google Play Billing extension from Game Maker Studio and all our In-App purchase code. This is the only Google service our game uses. (Actualy we also removed IronSource Ads extension, but that's another story). As I understood it is not possible to release Apps in Mainland China if Huawei SDK is not used. This is why I asked if you maybe managed to build your apk with Huawei SDK.

It would be nice if we could find some guidelines how to build apk or aab from Game Maker Studio using Huawei SDK. I don't even know if it is possible. We are not so good at GMS2 build process under the hood, and we are very small team.

For IAP on App Gallery we would need to implement an extension which communicates with Huawei IAP SDK. Never did that before. We plan to take a month to try to write an extension and provide some "bridge" code in Java(Androd). Never did Android programming before either, but we have like 20-years experience in Java Programming. I guess we will have to learn it by looking how Google Play Billing extension was made.

Then I guess we will also need to implement an extension for Ads because it seems that IronSource doesn't generate any profit on Huawei Platform. We are still checking this.
Thank you for the in depth, detailed answer.

I have not yet released to the Mainland China market as it requires lots of paperwork as well so that is why my answer was not accurate, sorry for that. :)

have achieved something, it would be nice to use iAPS on huawei