Networking not working properly

Hi I tried with one of my friend the game maker networking functions I hosted a server on my computer and he tried to connect to my server

I opened a port and aslo checked it online if the port is opened and all open ports checker sayed that the port is open i disabled all firewalls and gave him my public ip adress not the loac ip4 adress all of the tries didnt work the server didnt even sayed that a client connected i tried it only on my computer over localhost and it worked perfectly so my question is, is game maker only capable to handle local connection?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
You probably forgot to port-forward. Consult the documentation for your router on instructions for how to do that.

You probably forgot to port-forward. Consult the documentation for your router on instructions for how to do that.
If I have an open port do I have to port forward my router because I think the port is open in my router otherwise it wouldnt show open on port checker

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
If I have an open port do I have to port forward my router because I think the port is open in my router otherwise it wouldnt show open on port checker
Opening a port is a firewall thing, and it's only the first step. Port forwarding is the second step that links your local IP-port combination to that opened public port. Without port forwarding, all you have is a dangling open port that isn't hooked up to anything on the inside-facing side.

B

booksmaster

If it is possible you can plug your rj45 internet cable directly into your PC instead of your router. That will give you the direct access from outside to your PC without need to forward your port. The thing is all outside incoming connections are accepted by your router not your PC. So you should enable port forwarding so the router will pass the needed connections to your PC.