• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam The GMS 2 not running the project

D

davidtatis

Hello, I have a problem, i tried to run my project and give me this error.

elapsed time 00:00:00.1239964s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 06/09/2020 10:58:18
FAILED: Run Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors window.

I saw the runtime and it is run in the last version 2.2.5.378, but the error persist.

I have the GMS 2 from steam in windows.

O.Stogden

Is there an error further up in your output console?

There can be any number of reasons why this happens, but it's often to do with an error in your code causing the game to crash.

D

davidtatis

Is there an error further up in your output console?

There can be any number of reasons why this happens, but it's often to do with an error in your code causing the game to crash.
i dont have a error in the output console, the problem occurs in all projects, i did make a new project with only a room for test and the error persist.

D

davidtatis

the other lines in console.

"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\hp\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.1230021s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\hp\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 06/09/2020 12:29:29
"cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

elapsed time 00:00:00.1457235s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 06/09/2020 12:29:30
"cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378"

elapsed time 00:00:00.1115136s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378" started at 06/09/2020 12:29:30
Saving project to: I:\Game maker projects\Proyectos\El_Origen_Del_Mal\El_Origen_Del_Mal.yyp
"C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Windows Run

elapsed time 00:00:00.1930029s for command "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Windows Run started at 06/09/2020 12:29:30
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.1359798s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 06/09/2020 12:29:30
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.1189853s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 06/09/2020 12:29:30
"cmd" /c subst X: /d

Is this a fresh install or recently updated version of GMS 2? Sometimes the runtime files don't install properly and you need to download them again, try uninstall and reinstall GMS 2.

You could also try clearing the cache, this sometimes helps as well for random unexplained errors.

D

davidtatis

Is this a fresh install or recently updated version of GMS 2? Sometimes the runtime files don't install properly and you need to download them again, try uninstall and reinstall GMS 2.

You could also try clearing the cache, this sometimes helps as well for random unexplained errors.
Thanks but i did try this and not working.

Thanks but i did try this and not working.
You could try doing a super clean re-install as per this guide here:

Make sure you disable your antivirus when installing, and that you have administrator permissions on your machine.

Also I see the name of your project is "El_Origen_Del_Mal" , it contains the underscore character "_" . Try removing the underscore character from your project name.

You said it also fails on other projects too, so this might not be the cause, but its worth a shot at this point. Without any more details it a bit of a guess.

Another thing you can do is log on to the yoyogames website and download the standalone version of GMS 2. You can link your Steam account to get access to the standalone download.

One more thing, the Open Beta for GMS 2.3 has just been announced. You could try downloading GMS 2.3. It installs into a seperate location from GMS 2.2, so it won't affect your original installation. Check out GMS 2.3 and see if it works better for you.