Legacy GM are there any file compressing extension for gm8.1?

A

ajax_sripts

I'm using old game meker 8.1. And I really need to save my variables to a file and then zip it. I saw some dll's for such things, but all links are dead (there was no documentation anyway). Are there any gm8.1 extensions or dll's left for zipping files?

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I think distributing a minimal copy of 7-zip alongside your game and running it via execute_shell/execute_program would be your best bet in 8.1. I have made two extensions for compressing via zlib and packing up ZIP archives accordingly, but, for lack of support for buffers AND by-ref arrays in 8.1, you would probably have to rewrite it a bunch to accept files from a directory on C++ side.

A

ajax_sripts

I think distributing a minimal copy of 7-zip alongside your game and running it via execute_shell/execute_program would be your best bet in 8.1. I have made two extensions for compressing via zlib and packing up ZIP archives accordingly, but, for lack of support for buffers AND by-ref arrays in 8.1, you would probably have to rewrite it a bunch to accept files from a directory on C++ side.
Thanks for the answer, yes, I saw your extensions, but I'm not at that level of programming to edit dll's.
Anyway, I've found what I was looking for.