Android Has anyone let Google manage and protect their app signing key?

SBogatz

I published an app with the original keystore file (which I have) generated by Gamemaker 2. Am unable to get the Gamemaker 2 keystore file uploaded with any of the 3 options (studio, java., private) currently offered on the Play Developer Console. I'd be grateful if someone could explain the process of how to get our Gamemaker 2 keystore file into the format Google will manage. Apparently, we need to do this to use the new, smaller Bundle format as opposed to APK. Thank you!

Capture1.JPG

RizbIT

I tend to chose know as i dont have much knowledge of what it does or wheter it works with GMS 2 games

SnoutUp

I published an app with the original keystore file (which I have) generated by Gamemaker 2. Am unable to get the Gamemaker 2 keystore file uploaded with any of the 3 options (studio, java., private) currently offered on the Play Developer Console. I'd be grateful if someone could explain the process of how to get our Gamemaker 2 keystore file into the format Google will manage. Apparently, we need to do this to use the new, smaller Bundle format as opposed to APK. Thank you!
It's not keystore you have to upload and it should show a step-by-step instructions how to generate the file it needs after you choose to upload the key. You'll have to use command line with downloadable tool (pepk.jar) and your existing keystore.

SBogatz

It's not keystore you have to upload and it should show a step-by-step instructions how to generate the file it needs after you choose to upload the key. You'll have to use command line with downloadable tool (pepk.jar) and your existing keystore.
Thank you! I previously downloaded the pepk.jar tool but I am uncertain how to use command line. That is the DOS tool for Windows? Does one copy and paste the pepk.jar in command line or are their other steps? Thank you.