• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS2 version 2.2.5 crashes when closing my laptop(standby mode?)

G

GM_novice

Hi!

I have noticed something which seems to be a bug in GMS2 version 2.2.5. When I close the lid of my laptop, essentially putting it into standby mode, the software crashes. when i log back onto the computer at a later time GMS 2 will have crashed. There is however no prompt for sending a bug report or anything when logging back on. I just know this to be the case as I was working on a project earlier and "closed the lid" on my computer to go and do other things and as i came back GMS2 had crashed; as software that you typically have in use stay active even though the PC is on standby.

I am using an old PC laptop with Windows 7, however. It does not happen with any other sofftware as far as i am aware of. It's not a huge problem but I thought i'd make you aware that it's there to be fixed for the next update or updates.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I've had an issue with that before as well, and the solution was to copy C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2\mesa\opengl32.dll up to C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2.

G

GM_novice

I've had an issue with that before as well, and the solution was to copy C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2\mesa\opengl32.dll up to C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!