Windows Red colour not working

Hey,

Normally if Im not sure of what the colour of the sprite should look like. I make the sprite completly white and use make_colour_rgb(red,green,blue) to choose a colour much easier in code. But in all my Projects the red colour doesnt make anything with all functions like (c_red,make_colour_rgb(red,green,blue) or even make_colour_hsv() dont even work with red). 2 days ago this wasnt the case and I didnt change anything in file preferences or in the global game settings since then. Also reinstalled Game Maker but still the same problem. I couldnt find anything online about this topic.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
What happens when you run the project with this code?

Is the sprite assigned to the instance white?

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Are you using any shader or non-standard blend mode to draw the sprite? Color blending works differently in both of those cases.

Does blending work if you use 255 green or blue?

Are you using any shader or non-standard blend mode to draw the sprite? Color blending works differently in both of those cases.

Does blending work if you use 255 green or blue?
Yes, kinda but only green and blue but red is not drawing I am not using any surface or shader just a normal draw function

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
That sounds like you're using some sort of blend mode, or at the very least changing any drawing related settings, as blending anything with black will result in black.

Have you tested this in an empty project?

That aside, are you disabling the red channel via gpu_set_colorwriteenable?

That sounds like you're using some sort of blend mode, or at the very least changing any drawing related settings, as blending anything with black will result in black.

Have you tested this in an empty project?

That aside, are you disabling the red channel via gpu_set_colorwriteenable?
Yes, in all my previous Projects this is the case I will try it later with gpu_set_colorwriteenable when I am back at my pc

Try it with the sprite being white instead of black. Pure white will 100% adopt whatever colour you are adding with the blending. If I remember correctly, black pretty much adopts none of the blended colour (or if it adopts any, it would be in an odd way).

with the defualt shader, blend mode works like this:

texture_colour * blend_colour

That happens on a component wise basis. If your texture_colour has zero red, then 0 * anything = 0 red.