I have 2 very basic questions about Gamemaker

G

G467SJ

I am looking at setting up development env's for my students to create games on, our school has computers but we cannot install anything on them they are locked down very tightly.

Q1. Does GameMaker still come as a dev env you can access just with an internet connection, I have only seen links to download and install the dev env?

Q2. Has the free version officially ended?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hello! I'm afraid GameMaker requires an installer and has to be installed on all machines that are going to use it. As for the free version, that still exists but it's under a 30 day trial period, after which it needs to be upgraded. That said, I would definitely suggest that you contact YYG about this, as things are slightly different for education licences and they will be able to give you all the correct information and maybe suggest work-arounds and solutions to any issues you have. See the "Contact Us" section on this page: https://www.yoyogames.com/education (if you don't want to register for a YoYo Account, select the "Accounts" issue, and then select "other" and make your queries).

G

G467SJ

Hello! I'm afraid GameMaker requires an installer and has to be installed on all machines that are going to use it. As for the free version, that still exists but it's under a 30 day trial period, after which it needs to be upgraded. That said, I would definitely suggest that you contact YYG about this, as things are slightly different for education licences and they will be able to give you all the correct information and maybe suggest work-arounds and solutions to any issues you have. See the "Contact Us" section on this page: https://www.yoyogames.com/education (if you don't want to register for a YoYo Account, select the "Accounts" issue, and then select "other" and make your queries).
Thanks for the prompt reply - I have submitted a request for info but I wasn't sure if they were still answering queries as they don't seem to be answering the phones.

I don't think we will be able to use GameMaker as we can't install anything on our computers